US - Pacific Eclipse Release Party

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Usofar, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Usofar

Usofar

Surprised there's no thread for this. A little more than a week away. 10 Day forcast has a 60% chance of snow next Thursday. Is anyone getting in Wednesday night? I'll be arriving late and open to opening a couple bottles.

2. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

I'm hoping there's no snow -- my car can barely handle speed bumps.

I'm getting in Thursday afternoon, leaving Friday morning.

jp7161, Usofar and StarRaptor like this.
  3. Rau71

Rau71

Getting in Thursday leaving Friday after picking up my bottles.

4. stupac2

stupac2

I'm getting in on Wednesday to do the vertical tasting. I doubt I'll be up for bottles after that, since it doesn't start to 7:30 and we'll be drinking a fuckton of stouts.

Also, what are people bringing? For the love of god not stouts. I'll probably do some Cantillon, some other sours. Maybe a 3L Supplication, that would be fun.

5. Usofar

Usofar

Since banned on BA missed Todd's post about vertical, oh well. Thinking Upland Raspberry, Veritas 012, Noble Tongue Tickles and whatever else i toss in my luggage.

justXbeer likes this.
  6. Rau71

Rau71

Sours are the worst, I don't have anything worth sharing to take because I am the worst.

7. stupac2

stupac2

Then bring Blind Pig. Anything to mix it up, and all styles besides sours and stouts are ridiculously underrepresented at these things. I'm serious, if you bring Blind Pig then find me because I'll take some.

jeblikesbeer likes this.
  8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy

Probably because you guys are the only ones who got tickets.

Will be there weds night and Friday morning hoping for your table scraps

TheDuke, justXbeer and Usofar like this.
  9. Rau71

Rau71

That would mean I have access to blind pig. Maybe I will take a FW growler of something

jeblikesbeer and Usofar like this.
  10. justXbeer

justXbeer

Getting in Thursday leaving Friday

11. Usofar

Usofar

Anything you're proud to share is cool. The share is really just for variety, we're all there for the Eclipse. No one should feel down about what they're bringing to share. Last year my friend who's not as into beer as most here brought a growler of Icky IPA from Reno that was well recieved. It's going to be a blast!

jeblikesbeer and Rau71 like this.
  12. stupac2

stupac2

I also really want to emphasize how much it helps to have something to break up the other beers. Like, a growler of Daytime would be fucking perfect to bring, because no one ever thinks of that sort of thing and having something that's delicious but low-ABV and pretty different is huge. So if you don't want to bring something fancy-ass, bring something like that.

13. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

PLEASE bring low-gravity beers to share. At the end of last year, I was carrying eikhcsel around. Poor guy couldn't hold his liquor. I also observed westcoastbeerlvr in facepaint.

Think of the children.

14. Usofar

Usofar

Good practice for dodging throwing knives this year I hope. I can't wait to be asked while waiting in line if I know Arbitrator.

15. kyle2k10

kyle2k10

My brother and I are flying in on Thurs afternoon and then heading to Squaw Fri if there's snow, if not we'll drive to Russian River, win-win. We'll bring a few non-stouts. After attending many Bruery functions, my palate has grown accustomed to Hottenroth cleansers.

Usofar likes this.
  16. Usofar

Usofar

It'll be good seeing you guys again. We talked about the Eclipse party at the last clusterfork.

kyle2k10 likes this.
  17. kyle2k10

kyle2k10

Ah yes, slowly putting faces to handles. Thanks for the helpful advice.

Why the hell were you banned from BA? You're like the nicest guy ever

beerandraiderfan likes this.
  18. Usofar

Usofar

I never really got a reason, my only guess is that even with my extremely limited knowledge of beer I know more about beer than the Bros. Or possibly because I don't find humor in having people's cars towed... Regardless of why I got banned there, I'm happy to be here.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    domtronzero, kyle2k10 and Arbitrator like this.
  19. Rau71

Rau71

Low ABV. Check. Maybe get some Oaktoberfest growlers from FW since they won't do their saison in growlers yet. Maybe go to barrelhouse and see if their beers are worth taking there yet since they have some low ABV stuff.

20. drgarage

drgarage

It was Beer Disrespectation.. .. TROLL 2/..

domtronzero, Arbitrator and Usofar like this.