Elysian = literally Satan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elysian-Loser.jpg

8I47gzN.gif

I doubt anyone will throw that big of a fit over it.

We'll see. You're probably right. I more wonder what the grocery store shelves will look like here in the PNW with two more minor players becoming major players in the distro game now. Pretty soon there might be 8 feet of Ninkasi, Elysian, and 10 barrel.

Elysian also has 3 pubs in Seattle. That might have been a big factor, especially Elysian fields with all them sports dollaz.

We'll see. You're probably right. I more wonder what the grocery store shelves will look like here in the PNW with two more minor players becoming major players in the distro game now. Pretty soon there might be 8 feet of Ninkasi, Elysian, and 10 barrel.

Elysian also has 3 pubs in Seattle. That might have been a big factor, especially Elysian fields with all them sports dollaz.

I'd be a damn happy man if I started seeing 10 barrel crush variants out east

Wait wut? Is Ninkasi owned by someone else or are they just totally dominating the ditro game?

Wait wut? Is Ninkasi owned by someone else or are they just totally dominating the ditro game?

I see what you did there...

They have big distro game, partially due to affiliation with ABI owned distributors. Bombers in every gas station around these parts.

I see what you did there...

They have big distro game, partially due to affiliation with ABI owned distributors. Bombers in every gas station around these parts.

Yeah, I have family in Salem, OR and remember that the Fred Meyer had an impressive collection of Ninkasi Bombers, just wondered since you listed them with other breweries that are owned by larger corporations now.

Gahd damn. Worst news this morning. Id still be drinking down space dust if its still good regardless. I wonder if their barrel program is gonna vamp up or if its all just gonna go to ****.

its funny how mad some people get, like they wouldn't make similar decisions when the $$ was waved in front of them.
these guys are finally getting paid for years of hard work. Can't blame them for wanting to cash out and think about the future.

its funny how mad some people get, like they wouldn't make similar decisions when the $$ was waved in front of them.
these guys are finally getting paid for years of hard work. Can't blame them for wanting to cash out and think about the future.

If they'd put Elysian up for sale, somebody besides abi would have bought it.

sounds like 'somebody besides abi' either wasn't offering enough money or was offering terms the the owners didn't like.

sounds like 'somebody besides abi' either wasn't offering enough money or was offering terms the the owners didn't like.

Elysian wasn't publicly fielding offers. I doubt anyone else really got a fair shot at making an offer.

According to this, that isn't entirely true...they sought out offers from private equity firms, and got some with apparently more money on the line, but didn't want to deal with the pump and dump possibility of having private equity money involved.

http://www.brewbound.com/news/inside-b-inbevs-acquisition-elysian-brewing

Well that's pretty much it. Selling to a company experienced in both acquisition and brewing was far less headache than perhaps selling to a largeish craft brewer or private party interested in a turnkey beer empire.

I'm just saying people still wake up at 4 in the morning to wait in line for beer made by a brewery that AB bought in 2011. Doesn't seem to be influencing anything.

It's already influencing shelf space and tap handle availability in the PNW & INW. with 10 barrel and Elysian getting muscled in now that will only continue.

i just drink at bars that don't carry any AB products. Not sure how feasible that is in PNW, but in NE it's pretty easy.

BA just closed a "Beer Talk" thread that was asking if people thought AB InBev were inherently bad or good for the industry in light of their past and present acquisitions.

EDIT
Nevermind it's still there in all its forehead slapping glory

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back