Every brewery ever coming to SF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drgarage1

Not a real doctor. Lives in garage.
Reaction score
anyone know the folks involved? Any got a shot at being the next Cellarmaker?

http://m.7x7.com/eat-drink/9-new-breweries-coming-sf-2015#bmb=1

This description made me roll my eyes a bit.

Rincon Hill will be the home for Method Brewing, a brewpub and beer garden. But it's more than that. Co-owner Kenton Hokanson explains: "Method Brewing will offer the Bay Area's first truly scientific, data-driven, and open-sourced beers. Founded by scientists and technologists, Method will serve brews perfected by constant creative collaboration and experimentation, using recipes and processes we'll make freely available. Our mission is to blend creativity and empirical science to make the best beer possible, and to share our results with San Francisco.”

Their beers currently run the gamut from a Jalapeño Imperial IPA to a Syrah grape-Belgian dark ale fusion and a fresh grapefruit Shandy. Delightful.
Yep. Scientific.

I’m always most excited by new breweries where the brewers have professional pedigree. Either the author didn’t think of including any of that information in the article or literally none of these new breweries have any pedigree. Hoping it’s the former.

Last edited:
Reading those descriptions made my head hurt. Most seem to be some psuedo combination of a homebrew shop/belgian beer bar/vegetarian gastronomy sausage manufacturer

and two words I hate: technologists and master cicerone
These are the kinds of places I think of when someone says "beer is a bubble! it's gonna pop!" Gimmicky places, and places who try to be too many things.

You moving here? Making a mole cantaloupe saison?

Just getting established in Petaluma and setting in to this moist climate. Yes on saison, no on the melon and chocolate paste.

the Subaru scene isn't bad either :)

Looking forward to meeting fellow enthusiast and the crew at LIC.

I also have an auto because **** dealing with chicago traffic with a 6 speed... i'd just hate life more than normal
I'll give you that -- I hate driving in traffic with this car. Especially considering it's got a heavy duty pressure plate and really grabby performance clutch. At least I got rid of the 6 puck clutch... that was like an on/off switch.

it'd drive me to drink more than I do... the miles i'd put on my bike getting to and from the brewerys would be massive...

I normally drive with my left foot out the window...4EAT is the way I roll. 300/300 hp/tqs get me around just fine and allows me to keep up with those pesky 6 speeds.

The 4EAT is a really good automatic, actually -- most of the fast drag subaru cars are using a slightly beefed up version of that trans.

Back