Extreme Beer Fest 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seedavid

Reaction score
This may seem premature, what with the festival being over 6 months away, but there's a decent amount of info available, so I figured we may as well start organizing this **** so we can more effectively complain about who is/isn't going to be there, and whatever new and irritating restrictions are placed on volunteers.

Dates: February 5 and 6, 2016.

Tentative list of Breweries:
  • 7venth Sun Brewing
  • Against The Grain Brewing Co.
  • Allagash Brewing Co.
  • Almanac Beer Co.
  • Anderson Valley Brewing Co.
  • Banded Horn Brewing Company
  • Barreled Souls
  • Beau's All Natural
  • Boston Beer Co.
  • Brewery Vivant
  • Burley Oak Brewing Co.
  • Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.
  • Carton Brewing
  • Crux Fermentation Project
  • Dark Horse Brewing Co.
  • Dogfish Head Brewery
  • Due South Brewing Co.
  • Epic Brewing Company
  • Finback Brewery
  • Firestone-Walker Brewing Co.
  • Foolproof Brewing
  • Forbidden Root
  • Foundation Brewing Co.
  • Founders Brewing Co.
  • Four Quarters Brewing
  • Green Man Brewery
  • Grimm Ales
  • Half Acre Beer Co.
  • Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
  • Heavy Seas Beer
  • Hidden Cove Brewing Co.
  • Jack's Abby Brewing
  • Jackie O's Pub & Brewery
  • Kane Brewing Co.
  • NERAX (cask extreme beer)
  • Night Shift Brewing Co.
  • OEC Brewing
  • Oskar Blues Brewery
  • Other Half Brewing
  • Prairie Artisan Ales
  • Relic Brewing Co.
  • Revolution Brewing Co.
  • Right Brain Brewery
  • Shmaltz Brewing Co.
  • Short's Brewing Co.
  • Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
  • Smuttlabs
  • Solemn Oath Brewery
  • Somerville Brewing Co.
  • Strangeways Brewing
  • The Bruery
  • The Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery
  • The Lost Abbey
  • The North Brewery
  • The Rare Barrel
  • Throwback Brewery
  • Toppling Goliath Brewing Co.
  • Trophy Brewing Co.
  • Two Roads Brewing
  • Wicked Weed Brewing

February again? I was hoping they would trend more towards April.

Oh great, Toppling Goliath. They were great last year. :rolleyes:

Apparently, the dates they got were the only ones available for the venue, even with almost a year of lead time.

And TG was supposedly one of the first to confirm this year, so they should have plenty of time to sort out their "production schedule" and ensure not dropping out at the last minute again.

February again? I was hoping they would trend more towards April.
This is for sure the worst. The way the blizzard was handled in 2013 is the main reason I will not be buying a ticket in August for an event that could easily be cancelled/impacted by the weather.

The following breweries have been added since the original announcement:

• 2SP Brewing Co.
• Barrier Brewing Co.
• Breakside Brewery
• Earth Eagle Brewing
• Evil Twin Brewing
• Kent Falls Brewing
• Lagunitas Brewing Company
• Marz Community Brewing
• Proclamation Ale Co.
• Rivertown Brewing Co
• Surly Brewing Co.
• Tinman Brewing Co.
• Tree House Brewing Co.
• TRVE Brewing Co.

This is for sure the worst. The way the blizzard was handled in 2013 is the main reason I will not be buying a ticket in August for an event that could easily be cancelled/impacted by the weather.

Most lol-worthy event handling I've ever experienced. I feel bad for those who did not live in Boston and had tickets. It was a relatively painless weekend for me, I just drank waelz at my house all weekend while snowed in, but man... people flew into Boston for that ****. Ridiculous. I still think this is the worst thing Jason and Todd have ever done

Most lol-worthy event handling I've ever experienced. I feel bad for those who did not live in Boston and had tickets. It was a relatively painless weekend for me, I just drank waelz at my house all weekend while snowed in, but man... people flew into Boston for that ****. Ridiculous. I still think this is the worst thing Jason and Todd have ever done
And when they were criticized for it, they banned people from their site in droves.

That Thursday night before, they had the pre-fest event at Meadhall. The taplist was good, so I went. I had tickets for Friday night. I get there with the GF around 9 and there has been no word on social media. They were adamant all leading up to the event that they would announce on Twitter and BA the second it was changed, but they weren't planning on moving it.

They were at Meadhall, so before I left (a little after midnight, now officially Friday, mind you), I go up to Todd and ask him if it's still on. He's drunk (I'm a little drunk, too) and he tells me it's off and how they're going to announce later tonight and "WE GOT THIS 12-MINUTE VIDEO TO POST ABOUT IT WITH SAM CALIGIONE!" He talks about this video over and over, so I assume it will be info on rescheduling or whatever and I leave. I get home (only over in Inman), and there's still nothing online. So, I get on BA and relay what he's said. It's well after midnight and there are people literally on the road posting to the thread about Friday night. I figured it would help. I get flamed for it being unsubstantiated and then in the morning...bam, first time I was banned. That morning, around 3 or 4 I think, they posted it would be rescheduled. It's not like they didn't have their phones at Meadhall.

That Thursday night before, they had the pre-fest event at Meadhall. The taplist was good, so I went. I had tickets for Friday night. I get there with the GF around 9 and there has been no word on social media. They were adamant all leading up to the event that they would announce on Twitter and BA the second it was changed, but they weren't planning on moving it.

They were at Meadhall, so before I left (a little after midnight, now officially Friday, mind you), I go up to Todd and ask him if it's still on. He's drunk (I'm a little drunk, too) and he tells me it's off and how they're going to announce later tonight and "WE GOT THIS 12-MINUTE VIDEO TO POST ABOUT IT WITH SAM CALIGIONE!" He talks about this video over and over, so I assume it will be info on rescheduling or whatever and I leave. I get home (only over in Inman), and there's still nothing online. So, I get on BA and relay what he's said. It's well after midnight and there are people literally on the road posting to the thread about Friday night. I figured it would help. I get flamed for it being unsubstantiated and then in the morning...bam, first time I was banned. That morning, around 3 or 4 I think, they posted it would be rescheduled. It's not like they didn't have their phones at Meadhall.

You were doing gods work, man. I remember that vividly.

I too am looking for a single ticket to session 2. I can do cash/beer/gold bullion, whatever tickles your taint.

I got tickets. Getting amped. Having to miss some of the pre-EBF stuff because I'll be at Springsteen the night before

I'll join in - if anybody has a ticket to session 2 (Saturday afternoon), let me know!

When are people headed up (if you need to even travel)?

I plan on going up tomorrow, early afternoon and hit either NEBCO or Tree House on the way. Probably NEBCO because I'm not sure I want to wait for 2 hours at Tree House.

Then probably the Cambridge area for the night's shenanigans. Session #2 for me.

When are people headed up (if you need to even travel)?

I plan on going up tomorrow, early afternoon and hit either NEBCO or Tree House on the way. Probably NEBCO because I'm not sure I want to wait for 2 hours at Tree House.

Then probably the Cambridge area for the night's shenanigans. Session #2 for me.

If you are getting cans it might not be a two hour wait. Check out their twitter page for updates.

I'll be heading up tomorrow morning from Ohio. Planning to hit treehouse tomorrow around 3 when they open, you guys think it will be that bad tomorrow?

My surprise brewery was The North Brewing. God Complex was the highlight of the night for me. It's a 9% Stout brewed with Coffee, Hazelnut, and Sorrano peppers. ****ing amazing. They had another one called French Kiss which is a Brown Ale brewed with french toast. That was also fantastic. went for multiple pours of both.

CBC was just killer. Cerise Cassee and You enjoy my Stout with coconut was amazing which was on cask. You can see coconut flakes floating in the cup.

Jackie O's Dark Apparition with nuts was phenomenal. Thick mouthfeel. Will be seeking their beers for sure.

Dissapointed with Antead with coconut. Sweetness from the barrel and the coconut was actually coconut water and even those flavors were subtle. and Mexican Brunch was good, but overhyped in my opinion. Cinnamon, vanilla and Coffee. Decent heat with a weird sweetness from the maple.

Had too many to post, but those were a big deal to my palate.

Also, Hexotic from Two Roads is fantastic. Their sour program has been very cool. Extremely surprise, because most of their beers aren't that great.

My surprise brewery was The North Brewing. God Complex was the highlight of the night for me. It's a 9% Stout brewed with Coffee, Hazelnut, and Sorrano peppers. ****ing amazing. They had another one called French Kiss which is a Brown Ale brewed with french toast. That was also fantastic. went for multiple pours of both.

The North is about an hour (ironically) south of me. Good to hear you enjoyed. Only
makes me want to stop in more. They bottle most beers but tiny runs and sell out that day. The usually release on Fridays which is less than convienient for me.

The North is about an hour (ironically) south of me. Good to hear you enjoyed. Only
makes me want to stop in more. They bottle most beers but tiny runs and sell out that day. The usually release on Fridays which is less than convienient for me.

I heard dude. Really cool people. I was told they brew one barrel batches and that they are already working on getting a 10 barrel system. Looking forward for more of their offerings and a bottle of that God Complex. I need more in my life. Good thing I have family in Ithaca.

Back