Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by Roger85, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Roger85

Roger85

Which BTers play? Let loose the players you hate for sucking, the players you love, sleepers, victory tales, horrible defeats and everything else to do with Fantasy Football here. I know that most people hate hearing about your fantasy teams, but I don't. Please- tell me about them.

Iliketurtles likes this.
  2. Don

Don

I have 8 teams this year, lots to try to keep track of.
    This is a difficult year in FFB, running backs suck!

Rau71 and Roger85 like this.
  3. Roger85

Roger85

RBs are fucking awful. I am reduced this week to starting Joique Bell and Willis McGahee in one league (Martin and Morris on bye). Thankfully Willis came through with a TD tonight!

4. mixed_master7

mixed_master7

I'm in two. Pretty much half the players are the same on each team, but somehow one league I am 1-3 and the other I'm 4-0.

Also just won both of my money baseball leagues. Already aggravated that I don't have a league to pay attention to every night. I'm very srs about my MLB.

flexabull likes this.
  5. biglobo8971

biglobo8971

in 9, 3 payleagues, 6 beer leagues. 90 percent of them I have Shady McCoy, so my rb's is otay.

Bill likes this.
  6. Roger85

Roger85

For now. Aren't you a little worried that he gets hurt? A lot of plays going Shady's way.

PS- nice avatar.

7. biglobo8971

biglobo8971

nope, ride that horse until I have to put his hand cuff in.

ps - thanks, just trying her out, picked her up today.

Bill likes this.
  8. GrumpyOldTroll

GrumpyOldTroll

5 teams this year, including one in the White Whale BIF Sean9689 runs. 3-1 in that league. :)

Rau71 and Usofar like this.
  9. flexabull

flexabull

2 leagues. One is local for $$$, that team is ok.

Other is with fellow BA/BT guys. That team is dreadful, I was forced to start Hoyer tonight and he goes out early with an injury. Yeah...

housepants likes this.
  10. tut2528

tut2528

this is a fucking fantastic thread

3 leagues this year... so far 3-1, 3-1, 2-2

Roger85 likes this.
  11. Don

Don

One of my leagues I have rg3 and had to pick up a WW QB. I picked Alex Smith, Cutler is available though, thoughts?

12. mixed_master7

mixed_master7

Stay with smith.

13. Roger85

Roger85

They're a toss up. Play the matchups.

14. mixed_master7

mixed_master7

Take cutler against giants next week. Smith the other 2.

15. scifan

scifan

Man I feel like a loser as I only play in one league, where I'm currently 2-2. Wish Ray Rice would start doing something. Can't believe I wasted my first pick on him. Luckily I also have Jamaal Charles and Reggie Bush.

16. KevyWevy

KevyWevy

Is Pryor a FA? Rivers is back to form while the SD defense is dreadful. Should be a shootout. Speaking of Rivers, is Rivers available?

17. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

how much time a week do you think you spend planning, plotting, executing with fantasy football? i never got into it (but have enjoyed playing phantasy phish in the past). i'm sure i'd suck at fantasty football since i'd be that doochebag who drafts all giants (yeah yeah, i know...we suck this year)...but just curious what kind of time investment is involved to do it right.

Maddogg and GrumpyOldTroll like this.
  18. mixed_master7

mixed_master7

I spend 5-10 minutes a week, setting my lineup on the espn mobile app. I check the games periodically on Sunday, but other than that, not much attention is needed.

Baseball on the other hand is a whole different story.

housepants, flexabull and cosmicevan like this.
  19. Roger85

Roger85

I spend about 5 hours pre draft on players. During the season I spend about 5 hours a week listening to podcasts and deciding on my roster.

cosmicevan likes this.
  20. KevyWevy

KevyWevy

Results not typical:
    I start doing daily mock drafts immediately after the NFL free agency starts. I'd say I do roughly 200 mock drafts by the time draft day comes around. I like to be able to shoot from the hip when I'm on the clock on draft day, regardless of where I'm drafting and what other picks are being made around me. I like to make my own positional tiers to bring with me to the draft. Had a great draft and I'm 4-0 so far this year in a very competitive league, so the preparation doesn't go to waste. I spend a couple hours a week considering matchups and thinking up trade offers.
    On the flip side, I've seen people show up with ESPN ppr rankings and basically autodraft and still make the playoffs.