Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by Roger85, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Shakedwnst

Shakedwnst

If you have the roster space (don’t need the depth for actual starters), this seems like as good of an idea as any to me.

gregkoko likes this.
  2. abecall98

abecall98

Without byes anymore, I know my full starting roster going forward. I am just trying to make sure I get good matchups with the streaming position.

3. pen15clubmember

pen15clubmember

Does defense score a lot in your league? In the one I'm in the playoffs in, a top tier D averages close to 20 points per game (this is insane) so that would be an especially smart strategy there. I have been riding the Ravens (@Pitt) but picked up the Packers for this week. Cockblocking that from me would help my opponent this week.

Related: daddy needs Ingram to play!!!

4. xnicknj

xnicknj

I'm about to pick up one or two today for the coming weeks. I have the Rams but dont want to start them on the road in Seattle next week. Might go Buffalo (home v Miami) or Arizona (in Wash).

5. jmgrub

jmgrub

Lots of decisions this week. PPR league, 2 WR, 2 RBs and 1 flex.

Tyreek Hill
    Stefon Diggs
    Josh Gordon

Lamar Miller
    Devonta Freeman
    Kenyan Drake
    Dion Lewis

Right now I'm thinking Hill and Gordon at WR (Diggs has been struggling and MN is playing Carolina).

Freeman and Miller at RB and Lewis at the flex.

WillysWheelin16 and flexabull like this.
  6. abecall98

abecall98

We do return yards and add an extra point or for each pic and more for pic 6. A good defense will score 25 points. Can make or break a matchup.

7. pen15clubmember

pen15clubmember

That's what I would do. Diggs has only had one big game since week 3, so you take Hill's high ceiling there, plus I think Gordon's worth the gamble for ceiling, too, when you have safe plays at RB, granted expectations should be tempered for Freeman.

jmgrub likes this.
  8. bathroomlaughter

bathroomlaughter

i've got a diggs related conundrum as well if you fine people would be kind enough to give me some advice.

trying to decide my wr2, rb2, and flex. contending for the spot i've got diggs, dede, goodwin, perine, aaron jones, and giovani bernard. i'm definitely going to start goodwin. benching diggs feels horrible because he goes off for 35 everytime you do it but it's been ugly lately. it sucks because you watch him and he looks great but keenum just does not look his way. perine had a downish game but i still like his workload and his offense. dede is getting a lot of targets and producing at a decent level. bernard is in play only if mixon is out. gio as a starter in ppr seems like a pretty safe floor. jones is an excellent player but williams has been looking great too so who knows how that's going to play out. how do i untangle this mess? goodwin is the only one i'm for sure starting.

9. Stubs

Stubs

I'm sure this had been discussed somewhere but has anyone ever seen a backup type clause for injured players? Like if x plays 0 then y is my starter. Just seems really stupid that game times can give someone an advantage.

Also if you're thinking of it in terms if running a team, no-one is ever gonna be like RB1 is hurt, fuck it just dont use one.

LSUPT likes this.
  10. Shakedwnst

Shakedwnst

From a real NFL perspective, if you have a Monday night game, doesn’t your game time give you an advantage of possibly getting healthy in time?

What seems stupid to me is a “backup clause” to account for injuries

11. Stubs

Stubs

Yeah they do, but a guy still plays if the dude is hurt.

They aren't saying Dammit if we wanted to replace him, we had to do it yesterday!

I just don't understand why you have to gamble on how a guy is listed is all.

LSUPT likes this.
  12. Stubs

Stubs

And this happens like less than 5 percent of the time anf I shouldn't worry about it.

13. flexabull

flexabull

Dak or Big Ben this week?

14. PHBoiler

PHBoiler

Pick two standard scoring:
    McCoy
    Jordan Howard
    ALF
    Kenyan Drake

Will the Giants show some life at home with McAdoo fired? Figure I have to go Shady. Is it worth playing any Bears player at this point? Maybe the Fins pound Drake at home against NE?

15. More Betterness

More Betterness

With Mixon looking not likely to suit up who do you start:
    Forte
    Derrick Henry
    Darkwa
    Cro

Or pick up Bernard or Mike Davis as a FA?

16. thome50

thome50

How big are your rosters if you can afford to keep four defenses? I guess if you feel your starters are locked in it could be a solid move.

abecall98 likes this.
  17. flexabull

flexabull

Probably Bernard. Is Barber available?

18. flexabull

flexabull

I think I'd go McCoy and Howard. I could see going Drake, but even with the suspect NE run D they could get behind early and abandon the run.

19. pen15clubmember

pen15clubmember

I was really confident in my matchup Tuesday, but between this, Gronk's suspension and Ingram's status, I'm starting to sweat. If Anderson's out and assuming Ingram plays, would you use D Murray or McKinnon in the flex spot? Awesome, M Lee might be out, too. Anyfuckingone else? Goodwin is available on the wire.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  20. abecall98

abecall98

6 bench spots. Having a 1st round bye, I don’t think anybody on my roster will be subbed out. My only real descision I have to make is between Perine and Jamaal Williams.