Farmer's Cab. Matt Swartz arrested finally (again)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing that it took them like 3 months to catch up with what beer message boards were saying in Sept/Oct.

Wait, no it's not.

The article makes it sound like this guy is a class-A *********, but what did he do that this many people take glee in his failure? Must've been something other than forging a liquor license.

I too was curious why the Philly people were cyber high-fiving as the bully was hauled off to jail. Is he just a prick who deserves it or is there something more to this?

Last edited:
License has been renewed letter is in front if the restaurant taxes have been settled ….if you try to destroy my business on more time with lies you will be sued for slander ..just like the sherif sale 2 months ago … It’s all ready at the lawyer waiting for you to cross the line One more time …you just can’t say outlandish things and hid behind thats it only a “blog” and its ok …I really don’t know what your problem is with me considering I never even meet you….didn’t you run the same untrue story last year to….

This is an actual email from an adult? I find it nearly impossible that someone could actually write this poorly....

I mean, clearly the guy has loose ethics and it looks like he broke lots of laws. But that doesn't really explain why so many people here are dancing on the ashes of his business/reputation. It seems like he did something way more personal than operate without a valid license.

It's not simply the fact he was operating without a license. The links explain all the shady dealings in the past. There's been years worth of this stuff.

I mean, clearly the guy has loose ethics and it looks like he broke lots of laws. But that doesn't really explain why so many people here are dancing on the ashes of his business/reputation. It seems like he did something way more personal than operate without a valid license.
He's also ****ed over employees and distributors by withholding payment on a number of occasions.

It's not simply the fact he was operating without a license. The links explain all the shady dealings in the past. There's been years worth of this stuff.
They really don't explain it all that well. The responses here just seem so personal, like you guys were actually ****ed over. Basically I feel like there are good stories that aren't being told.

When ****** collides. Wasnt it Jordan who created a bunch of fake accounts at BA so he could record favorable reviews for the products Bella Vista carried?
correct. not only that, but he also liked to join in on the forums. that was always fun.
not the best example of shady swartz practices.

let's just put it this way... there were about 6 or 7 bars that he has owned over the past couple years. only 1 exists anymore. and most of the ex-staff are still owed money by the guy (and vendors, distributors, you name it)

correct. not only that, but he also liked to join in on the forums. that was always fun.
not the best example of shady swartz practices.

let's just put it this way... there were about 6 or 7 bars that he has owned over the past couple years. only 1 exists anymore. and most of the ex-staff are still owed money by the guy (and vendors, distributors, you name it)

Oh, I'm in no way defending Matt Swartz. I remember Jordan on the forums, he was definitely very excitable at first. He creeped me in Beermail asking if I "worked in the industry" because... I dunno... I posted on a beer website. I think I had Nima from Shangys on my ass around the same time because I was calling out their ******** whole state distribution deals.

Oh, I'm in no way defending Matt Swartz. I remember Jordan on the forums, he was definitely very excitable at first. He creeped me in Beermail asking if I "worked in the industry" because... I dunno... I posted on a beer website. I think I had Nima from Shangys on my ass around the same time because I was calling out their ******** whole state distribution deals.

one of the main reasons i'm pissed i'm banned from BA is i'll get to miss the annual nima hopslam fun. someone screen cap that **** for me this time around, pretty please.

Back