Favorite hops for an IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vogt52

Reaction score
What are your go to hops for your favorite Ipa recipe? I'm a big fan of Citra, centennial, Galaxy, and Amarillo. I like them for their fruity, citrus flavors and aroma and the clean/crisp bittering potential.

If I had to choose one at the moment I'd have to say simcoe, such an piney, grapefruity, dank hop. Also a big advocate of centennial, Citra, Amarillo, and mosaic without a doubt. Really interested in trying some lemon drop and el dorado hops as well this year.

That bring up a question. Anyone know any good deals on 1 lb bags of hops?

hu7xq.jpg

If I had to choose one at the moment I'd have to say simcoe, such an piney, grapefruity, dank hop. Also a big advocate of centennial, Citra, Amarillo, and mosaic without a doubt. Really interested in trying some lemon drop and el dorado hops as well this year.

Farmhouse can have good prices and the 4oz packs are usually reasonable. They've got some new exp hop that's 4% oil that I really want to try for $20/lb and I think Galaxy or Citra type stuff is around the same.

Labelpeelers can be a good deal, especially when they've got a sale, but seem a bit sketchy as a business.

Farmhouse can have good prices and the 4oz packs are usually reasonable. They've got some new exp hop that's 4% oil that I really want to try for $20/lb and I think Galaxy or Citra type stuff is around the same.

Labelpeelers can be a good deal, especially when they've got a sale, but seem a bit sketchy as a business.
I was eyeing down that 6277 big time. The description sounds awesome. Farmhouse brewing seems to be the most legit place so far in terms of online ingredient shopping IMO.

I just bought a bunch from Yakima Valley Hops. Reasonable prices, tons of stuff in stock and, most importantly, reasonable shipping.

I've been happy with my order from Yakima Valley. Farmhouse has the same pricing and you can order more than just hops too, but I don't know what their shipping costs are. YV was like maybe $10 for up to 8lbs of hop pellets and the box was on my porch within a week.

I love using columbus for bittering. Have also really enjoyed Belma and legacy from hops direct. At like 8 bucks a pound for Belma last year you couldn't beat it.

I'm a big fan of Citra, centennial, Galaxy, and Amarillo. I like them for their fruity, citrus flavors and aroma and the clean/crisp bittering potential.

Also a big advocate of centennial, Citra, Amarillo, and mosaic without a doubt.

This three hop combo might be the best going, IMO.

I know that this thread is over 2 years old, but HopsDirect has GREAT prices for their lb.+ bags. Been buying from them for years and I'll never go back to buying by the ounce.

Latest posts

Back