Favorite Taproom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy1.jpg

Holy Mountain -- Super minimal, clean lines, neutral colors. Not for everyone but I love it.
5f76dca20c1376953355f1d6a6b30abd.jpg

crux_fermentation_project-brewery-bend_oregon-tasting_room-brewpub-microbrew-craft_beer_park-sunset-dog_friendly-kid_friendly-dog-places-pet_friendly-in_bend-live_music-events-cruxapalooza-5.jpg

Crux -- Love the wood interior, great outdoor space and an absolutely amazing view of the mountains.

Solera-Brewery.jpg

Solera -- Stunning views of Mt. Hood from their backyard.

105FromTheSource-820x564.jpg

Bale Breaker -- You're surrounded by a working hop farm in the Yakima Valley.

Last edited:
I like SARA and de Garde. They're cozy and covered in cool old bottles and labels, with furniture crafted from old barrels, and if you look hard enough you can see the brewery itself through an open backdoor.

Also, Lagunitas has a great patio.

I like SARA and de Garde. They're cozy and covered in cool old bottles and labels, with furniture crafted from old barrels, and if you look hard enough you can see the brewery itself through an open backdoor.

Also, Lagunitas has a great patio.

de Garde is the definition of cramped, but it is pretty nice. Curious to see what the new buildout in town will be like.

Been on my to do list for a while. How is the beer?

Hit or miss for the most part. It seems like they aren't moving through as much beer as they thought they would, and as a result some of the hoppier offerings seemed to have some oxidation / age on them. However, I was a fan of the Belgian offerings for the most part.

The location (so close to Transient, Haymarket and Tapistry if you are in the mood), and the scenery / vibe make it a must stop if I'm in that area and am looking to spend a couple of hours relaxing.

holy1.jpg

Holy Mountain -- Super minimal, clean lines, neutral colors. Not for everyone but I love it.
5f76dca20c1376953355f1d6a6b30abd.jpg

crux_fermentation_project-brewery-bend_oregon-tasting_room-brewpub-microbrew-craft_beer_park-sunset-dog_friendly-kid_friendly-dog-places-pet_friendly-in_bend-live_music-events-cruxapalooza-5.jpg

Crux -- Love the wood interior, great outdoor space and an absolutely amazing view of the mountains.

Solera-Brewery.jpg

Solera -- Stunning views of Mt. Hood from their backyard.

105FromTheSource-820x564.jpg

Bale Breaker -- You're surrounded by a working hop farm in the Yakima Valley.
Add Priem to this list and it's pretty much identical for me.

wtpcACX.jpg

Cultivate Brewing in Berrien Springs, MI has one of my favorite tap rooms as it's an indoor / outdoor type setting, really comfortable and is absolutely beautiful in the Spring and Summer with the farm setting.
Was going to post the same thing! Dogs and outdoor games in between miles and miles of grapes and hops. It is absolutely lovely in the spring!

Crap, the previous post should say "the view, whether in winter or summer, never gets old." Should probably stop writing ten thoughts at once before hitting "post."

Also, I know this is supposed to be about taprooms. But I have to mention As Is, a bar here in Hell's Kitchen. I love the exposed brick and the tap handles. The list is always really good too (this photo was from August, I think).

12657343_10205640449396645_1679000297019998999_o.jpg

SARA is a favorite, but my local taproom (Barebottle) works for me. Very large space in a transitioning part of the City, so not over run like some other breweries. Lots of taps, tables, stools, cornhole, dogs, shuffleboard, kids, food trucks and good vibes.

Bare-Bottle-Brewing-Co-10.jpg

Kern River.
Location and building really embodies the image their branding projects.
I haven't been there post expansion though, so i can't say if the atmosphere is the same.
It is. And the new Backyard gives you a great view of the mountains!

Some of the best ones I've been to:

Augustiner Keller, just a huge underground cellar. Very loud but cool place.

Ak3.jpg

Garage Beer Co, tiny and cozy.

salon-06.jpg

Maisel & Friends, can't find many pics to do it justice but this is the coolest taproom and brewhouse I've seen.

Bierf%C3%A4sser-im-Liebesbier.jpg

IMG_6707.JPG

Bluejacket:

Blue-Jacket-faq1.jpg

Spezial Brauerei Bamberg, nothing particularly special but the views and beer are awesome:

aussicht-spezialkeller.jpg

Some of the best ones I've been to:

Augustiner Keller, just a huge underground cellar. Very loud but cool place.

Ak3.jpg

salon-06.jpg

Maisel & Friends, can't find many pics to do it justice but this is the coolest taproom and brewhouse I've seen.

Bierf%C3%A4sser-im-Liebesbier.jpg

IMG_6707.JPG

Bluejacket:

Blue-Jacket-faq1.jpg

Spezial Brauerei Bamberg, nothing particularly special but the views and beer are awesome:

aussicht-spezialkeller.jpg

All those look great!

We stopped in on Friday afternoon just before opening, and I guess I just didn't fully anticipate how small the place would be in general. Saw they were working on an expansion which is great, but not sure I'd be back there with the current tap room setup.

16708758_1632078216804131_5964183073573631467_n.jpg

Third Anniversary and Simcoe Galaxy (Third Anniversary was really good despite looking like broth and the Simcoe Galaxy was solidly in the mediocre range)

16708701_1632078256804127_2473530841740131421_n.jpg

Tap list is a bit hard to make out, but was impressed with how many beers they had on draft. Although certainly had IPA burnout by the time we left (although the RIS was pretty tasty).

16649342_1632078320137454_3359834849286316298_n.jpg

Couldn't tell if they were going for a bullet hole look with this wall.

16602975_1632078390137447_6414151995462531580_n.jpg

Brewhouse looked pretty cramped, and I was surprised that they were moving the canning system out of the brewery while we were waiting outside for them to open. Appears that they are (temporarily?) storing it out in a rental truck outside of the brewery which I found interesting.

I'm glad we stopped to check the place out, and was pleased to see a different beer on at almost all the bars we hit in the city. Couple of hits, couple of duds, and the rest of the IPA / DIPA lineup was in the middle of the road territory for me.

Not sure but Other Half is definitely not it. Ugliest tap room I've been to.

a_560x375.w710.h473.jpg

Yep totally agreed that it was one of the uglier tap rooms I've been, but they were working on the expansion when I was up there last week. Seems like the tap room was a secondary thought to getting the brewery finished.

My wife went to a team work party at Harpoon in December. She wasn't impressed with the beer, but she said their space was really nice.

salon-06.jpg

Garage does have a cool space in Barcelona. I was only there for 15 minutes after dinner at BierCab one night, but I liked it a lot.

Yep totally agreed that it was one of the uglier tap rooms I've been, but they were working on the expansion when I was up there last week. Seems like the tap room was a secondary thought to getting the brewery finished.

Though obviously the design has a bit to be desired, it's hard as hell to find a space in this area that won't cost a zillion bucks to rent. I'm sure a little shack under the BQE is expensive enough. I guess if you're putting all the money into the space itself and then the beer expenses, aesthetics can be secondary (when you're starting up).

Not justifying or defending, just thinking.

I'm admiring all these beautiful taprooms from my abode in the concrete jungle. Though bigger space equals more people and the most annoying ones seem to find their way near me. ;)

Side note: Agree with your assessment of the beers. LIC and Greenpoint are doing really nice work here without an eleven hour ******** line... hope you got to try some of their stuff when you are here.

Though obviously the design has a bit to be desired, it's hard as hell to find a space in this area that won't cost a zillion bucks to rent. I'm sure a little shack under the BQE is expensive enough. I guess if you're putting all the money into the space itself and then the beer expenses, aesthetics can be secondary (when you're starting up).

Not justifying or defending, just thinking.

I'm admiring all these beautiful taprooms from my abode in the concrete jungle. Though bigger space equals more people and the most annoying ones seem to find their way near me. ;)

Side note: Agree with your assessment of the beers. LIC and Greenpoint are doing really nice work here without an eleven hour ******** line... hope you got to try some of their stuff when you are here.
Threes and Interboro are also doing a better job, taproom-wise.

Back