US - Great Lakes FIB War Room

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Dunt, Oct 3, 2013.

1. dan

dan

Well, there you go. I would have loved to try other variants but I could only get there so early.

I’m not salty - just surprised on account of previous releases.

2. Powzy

Powzy DisapPowzment

Well barleywine is life apparently. I’m pretty excited I waited until after I got drunk to get in line. Cough Roger85

3. mdomask

mdomask

VSOJ Cherry Rye is truth.

Surprised at the larger turnout. I guess VSOJ brings out all the tickers.

4. TheJB

TheJB

I mean it brought all my boys to the yard....

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    danidavid and mdomask like this.
  5. thewimperoo

thewimperoo

Agreed on it being a shittier time, but also agree on it not being Rev's fault. They did everything they could to make it enjoyable.

Too much time in lines tonight. But had fun crushing beers at Beer Temple and Metro after Rev.

6. Dunt

Dunt

I'm going to go against the tide here. Bravo fucking Revolution. You listened to your real fans and have delivered an exceptional weekend for your patrons. How spoiled are we that people are complaining about waiting in a line at Rev for once? Ya, there were some relatively long lines tonight, but thank god there is a brewery here (of that size) that listens and cares about its customers. I will gladly battle lines to support a company like that. Doug, thank you and your team for putting on events like these, you have truly spoiled Chicago beer nerds.

::falls asleep on floor::

7. Scalzo

Scalzo

I think you are w the tide there.... <3 Rev

8. mdomask

mdomask

This. I’m not mad about waiting in line. Just surprised based on past two releases.

I’m very happy to see this love for the hometown *-Hero. Lines moved quick as they could. Planty of product to go around. VSOJ! Looking forward to next year. Fresh Cafe Deth + 2017 Deth Tar in VSOD.

9. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

I'm completely confused by your post. Are you saying that people wanted lines, so Rev gave them lines? If that's not what you're saying, then your post needs some editing.

10. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

Not really weird, we weren't too far behind you and saw you slide into the exit door from the can sales room straight into the taproom. The rest of us had to go stand in line to get in and missed out on most of the variants.

11. Dunt

Dunt

Don't be obtuse, the post is pretty straight forward

Ferowcious likes this.
  12. Treebs

Treebs

dontdrinkbeer : can the next beer style you ruin be something less impactful like Belgian dubbels or California commons?

LSMroz, jeblikesbeer, jakeox and 31 others like this.
  13. Powzy

Powzy DisapPowzment

This was well after I had gotten out of line, and went into the tap room at 4 like everyone should have to begin with.

14. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

Hadn’t been to Rev in a long time finnny it was Barleywines to be this Lambic guy to go there, lol...

Good times, I don’t buy packaged beer so no lines for me but had some tasty beers and got to see some of yous.

Ending the night at Duseks/Punch House always is a plus...

15. ApocalypseZombie

ApocalypseZombie

Popped a can of MG when I got home and I wish I had bought it all.

DB VSOD on the other hand...
    [​IMG]

16. DanH11

DanH11

Had 7 of the 8 special taps with a couple friends.
    Top three were clear. VSOJ, VSOJ Cherry Rye, Straight Jacket.

VSOJ Rye
    Mineshaft gap - to me, wasn’t a bad beer, just an average beer and wasn’t worth the cost

DB VSOD - had a pepperminty dentist office thing going on

DB VSOD whistle pig - left a nearly full glass

Didn’t try the Woodford after the other two DB VSOD

I didn’t go through the bottle line and got there at 4. Thought it was well run for the hour and a half we were there. I liked the stickers on the cups to identify the beers. Made it easy

17. The Coming of Gose

The Coming of Gose

Switch the level of preparedness for the events next year and they're golden. For Deth's Tar and Ryeway releases (esp DT) they were so overprepared. I got there at the same time for each one (630-700) and it was night and day on the crowds. Not sure what can be done on their part for this, though.

Only thing I had on tap was a pour of VSOJ. At the risk of inciting an even bigger mob next year, release THAT in cans if you can. Fantastic and probably not as hypewalez as the variants would be.

18. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Yeah, the other option is drive around all afternoon hoping to snag 1 can pp from multiple stores. I would much rather wait in one line at one big event than the thinly distributed model.

P.S. Anyone buy too much and looking to offload?

danidavid, mdomask, Moondog and 7 others like this.
  19. TheBus

TheBus

I loved the VSOJs as expected. I had a Whistlepig DB VSOD and enjoyed it. The Woodford I only had a few sips of. Way too much wood there for my taste. I grabbed a 4 pack of the DB VSODs but hoping that Woodford is greatly minimized in the blend.

Another great time at Revolution. The line/wait that killed me was at Honey Butter... 15 min line to order, 30+ minutes for a table, then another 30 to have the chicken in front of me. They may have inadvertently been DDB’d.

20. mjohnson17

mjohnson17

Noooooooooooooo!

I know we’re only a few weeks into 2018, but pretty sure this is the biggest disappointment of 2018.

ChicagoGuy likes this.