US - Northwest Floodland Brewing

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by FoudreGuy, Jul 21, 2017.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. jaeselector

jaeselector Premium Supporter Contributor

No idea. I called for reservations yesterday and the person I talked to seemed freaked that they were inundated with calls about this specific dinner.

theLostWizard likes this.
  2. evanw

evanw

Lol. So, reservations are full, or you just don't know what time your reservation is? I don't wanna inundate the good people of Salare if it's all booked up.

3. jaeselector

I don't know. She took my name and said she'd confirm later. Seemed SUPER freaked. I'd call anyway.

evanw likes this.
  4. rshah16

rshah16

The last beer dinner they had (with Holy Mountain) started at 6:30pm and went a little past 9pm, and Salare was closed for usual dinner service. I imagine this one with Floodland will be similar.

jaeselector and evanw like this.
  5. paysse

paysse

Did you get a call back?

6. jaeselector

Not yet. I'm giving them time to figure shit out. Dude: you broke one of my favorite restaurants!

beerscenes and evanw like this.
  7. jaeselector

Just checked my messages. I did get a call earlier, and just called to confirm. She sounded a bit more comfortable with things.

I’ll be there with my wife. Anyone else going?

beerscenes likes this.
  8. chemman14

chemman14

evanw a bit hypocritical to call people shitlords for selling/buying beer secondary and then going and doing this. FYI this monitor retails for $600. paysse whats your opinion on people trading $600 "goods" for your beer?
    [​IMG]

Phin likes this.
  9. evanw

evanw

In fairness, i) I said I'd pull the post if it's violating the group's rules ii) I paid zilch for that display iii) Reselling and trading aren't the same, period. I'm happy to get rid of the display via some other more traditional avenue (e.g., Craiglist) and just buy a summers worth of Heater Allen Pils if that'll put all the collective shitlord hivemind at ease.

Honestly, I just figured I'd get rid of something I don't / won't use for something I will.

10. RyanG

RyanG

Curious as an admin can you lock your own thread like the one referenced above?

11. evanw

evanw

Yes, I believe so. Though in this case I'm pretty sure beerscenes locked it, and rightly so. The pitchforks were comin' out, which was def not my intention. I wanted to offload some worthless (to me) stuff for something I could drink. Oh well, live + learn.

(Apparently I can also unlock a thread locked by another admin... :eek:)

beerscenes likes this.
  12. chemman14

chemman14

Sooooo trading a bottle for $600 in electronics is ok. Trading a bottle for $600 in cash is where you draw the line. Sorry not seeing the logic there. But hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

13. evanw

evanw

Lol. You'd need more context to assess it's actual value. It's from like 2011, hasn't been officially refurbished, and Apple discontinued manufacturing all displays three years. If I throw this jawn on Craiglist it'll prolly be for a $100-ish. If someone is so kind as to throw in some HM cans to make this $4$, that's A-ok by me, but splitting hairs at that point.

And when I said "worthless", I meant that in a colloquial sense, not an imma give it away for free sense. Though, if anyone knows of a local charitable cause that would actually use this display, I'll donate it to them.

beerscenes likes this.
  14. jaeselector

upload_2019-6-1_22-7-7.jpeg

New field blend. Much more lactic than other FL beers. One dimensional funk. Very fruit forward, with that almond/cinnamon character I associate with good cherry beers. Blows MvB out of the water.

Edit: creamier as it warms, and thankfully less sour. Vanilla now, melds well with the cherry.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  15. wethorseblanket

wethorseblanket

Whoa, killer album. I knew a guy with that little winged creature tattooed on his arm.

jaeselector likes this.
  16. evanw

evanw

Just domed a Blackberry & Wildflower... F*ckin-A that was delicious. I'm diggin' the unfruited and subtly fruited stuff more than anything lately.

BeerandNoise and theLostWizard like this.
  17. jaeselector

How was the Goth Tiki thing? I was on call and couldn't make it. The FL draft list looked legit.

evanw, BeerandNoise and andrewdrinks like this.
  18. andrewdrinks

andrewdrinks

I really wanted to go but I just can’t face the kind of crowds and lines at those events. The tiki drinks sounded awesome from the menu on Instagram.

jaeselector likes this.
  19. jaeselector

upload_2019-6-21_7-18-19.jpeg

The Floodland/Salare dinner was pretty special last night. As a non-Oakworks person with young kids who doesn’t get to as many beer events as I’d like, I hadn’t had any of these beers. The Nothing/All was spectacular and had a strawberry rhubarb herbal quality. The stand out was the Biere de Mars, a Seattle coolship beer that tasted like Iris’ younger punk-rock listening, weed-smoking brother. Bitter, acidic, lemony, grassy. Great stuff all around.

mv945, FoudreGuy, beerscenes and 3 others like this.
  20. rmaste6282

rmaste6282

Heading up to Washington from San Diego from Sept 26 - 29th, and interested in an IP trade for some Floodland bottles. Have plenty of Sante, Resident, and other goodies if interested. Send over a DM.