flossmoor BA thundersnow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinypyramids1

Reaction score
i have bottle of flossmoor station BA thundersnow sitting around since the release in april. how is this holding up? friends have said that it was really hot and not ready when they had it around the release, so i'm wondering if this has gotten better. i didn't get to taste it fresh unfortunately.

excellent, thanks. not sure when i'm gonna pop this bottle but it's nice to know it's evolving for the better.

I will open mine right now and include a review. Haven't had it fresh though, so this is a virgin tasting.

Review:

It's got a pretty heavy amount of barrel on the nose, but the bourbon is really mellow. If I didn't know otherwise, I would guess this is a scotch whisky barrel aged stout (tons of smoke and peat). It's a tad on the thin side, but tons of smokiness and peat. Hints of wood and whisky round out the palate. Carbonation is nice, just needs a bit more sweetness and body.

B+

Last edited:
Back