US - New England Foam Brewers

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by youbrewidrink, Jun 29, 2016.

1. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink

Ok, it's over a month and nobody has mentioned Foam Brewers on the waterfront in Burlington, VT.

Outstanding new entry into the greater Burlington beer scene! I tried a number of their offerings, the Saison de Foam paired nicely with their cheese board.

They also serve great sour beers from their brother brewery, House of Fermentology.

DO NOT MISS this place if your in Burlington.

2. scrub0bk

scrub0bk

Thinking about hitting this place up on my way home from fofa, anyone got any recent experiences? They're reviews on untapped are pretty solid.

3. Rock31

Rock31

Had Lupi Fresh a couple weeks ago, was delicious.

BulkCarrier and scrub0bk like this.
  4. yasky

yasky

Had a friend come back from VT who was raving about the place. Gonna have a few birthday drinks there next Wednesday.

5. yasky

yasky

This place might be my new favourite stop in Burlington. Within decent stumbling distance from both the lake and the downtown hotels and Built to Spill and Pavement do not take a backseat to anything else being brewed in New england today. Wound up going back twice.

OtisCampbell likes this.
  6. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

been there twice now and both times I've enjoyed there offerings, missed out on yellow dot tho was looking to try that...

7. swanfungus

swanfungus

Was hoping to do a Yellow Dot / Green Dot side by side but missed out on the latter. Anyone care to boast about what all I'm missing?

8. FLBeerFan

FLBeerFan

Television was quite amazing indeed, everyone in my party fell in love with that beer.

Mugatu and raginasian238 like this.
  9. bsc

bsc

personally don't think their sour beers have been particularly good, certainly not on HF level.
    too sour, not enough depth or complexity.

10. swanfungus

swanfungus

Interesting. Thanks for the intel. Maybe they're still a little young need a few more months to develop in the bottles?

11. Don

Don

Visited last week with ShawDeuce22, I was a big fan of the IPAs, and he enjoyed the pour of Ghost he had. Very solid Brett saison. Adding these guys to my VT trips as often as possible

12. bsc

bsc

I don't think time fixes one note sour bombs.

Their ipa's are bomb though

GuzzleMcBrew likes this.
  13. raginasian238

raginasian238

I concur with everyone on Foam. It's hard to argue when the beers have both great band names AND don't suck. Liked Yellow Dot enough but didn't get others bc it was same weekend as VT Beer Fest.

Saw they are also releasing Ghost bottles on Oct 28 (as per their FB).

mateoloco likes this.
  14. Don

Don

Planning on hitting this but can't get there til a little past 5, hoping it's not an immediate sellout

15. supremepie

supremepie

GreenAnd House dot were really good on tap and I am very picky with my sours, lol. Super tropical, one had an almost creamy mouthful going on. Yea they are lacto forward, but I thought the two I mentioned had a decent depth and we're great.. Orange dot was a bit one dimensional but not bad by any means...

They did a saison with drie yeast too a couple weeks back that was actually absolutely stellar

mateoloco and SecretSquirrel like this.
  16. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink

I had a chance to try Imperial Teen last week, these guys are setting the bar pretty high.

BulkCarrier likes this.
  17. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Pitted Against Drie was one of the best beers i had on my last NE trip....hoping that one comes around again. Had 0 room in my cooler at the time or I would have gotten growlers.

18. BulkCarrier

BulkCarrier

19. Timmush

Timmush

Ok. Let's all stop talking about this place. I'm visiting in a few weeks and I don't like crowds.

20. swanfungus

swanfungus

Even on a summer weekend it wasn't crowded. I think you'll be fine.

More importantly, hopefully Ghost won't sell out and you'll be able to leave with bottles.

Timmush and FLBeerFan like this.