US - New England Foam Brewers

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by youbrewidrink, Jun 29, 2016.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. tylerk88

tylerk88

Love that can art.

2. bahnfire

bahnfire

They bought a canning line and leased a warehouse to house their canning operation. All indications are they are moving toward having cans available on the regular at their Burlington waterfront location.

3. bahnfire

bahnfire

It looks like they sold out in about an hour this morning. I know Foam is good, but I wouldn't have imagined that a weekday release with less than 24hrs notice would sell out in 60 minutes. But I guess that is where craft beer is currently. Ugh.

4. Thevicster

Thevicster

Wait for the razzle to start...

5. Frank

Frank

Seriously, people look for any ol' excuse to stand in line for beer these days.

I also had a friend argue that Foam makes the best beer in the state to me the other day, so I guess there's that?

6. tylerk88

tylerk88

Looks like they've lowered limits a bit, which is nice, but rewarding the first 20 in line w/ a full case sort of feels like they're purposefully inviting people to camp out.

FWIW, of the ~5 or so Foam beers I've had, this was my favorite.

DigDug1810 and GuzzleMcBrew like this.
  7. Kraftster

Kraftster

The attorney in me can't help but think Foam is playing with fire with their beer names.

supremepie likes this.
  8. DigDug1810

DigDug1810

yeah i don't get why places do the tier structure so far as qty you can buy... it does promote camping out and trying to out show up early people.. but each place does their own thing and will tweak as they feel works best for them

cool to see foam is doing cans

9. bahnfire

bahnfire

For those interested, they still had cans available at a 2 4pack pp limit as of 11:22am, which considering last weeks release sold out in less than an hour is an improvement. Conversely, it does appear the tiered limit structure increased the rush to get in line early as Foam reported folks began lining up at 7am today (facepalm), vs 8am (still facepalm) last week.

I should mention it was absolutely pouring rain all morning until about 9am, so that means there were people in line, in the pouring rain, for at least 2 hours for this release. So I'm sure they will be factoring that into the FT offers.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  10. bahnfire

bahnfire

I'm happy to report that each subsequent release has seemingly gotten tamer, which I find both pleasing and completely inexplicable as each canned batch has been a little more dialed in.

The first batches had pretty low carb and the cans were overfilled as beer would shoot out a little when you opened them. Don't get me wrong they were still very tasty, but clearly they needed to dial in their canning. But that's all pretty much been resolved from the cans I've picked up the past two weeks.

TL;DR
    Their cans are great and it's relatively easy to get some now if you can make it there within 24hrs of a release.

lambandtunaphish and BeersMorgan like this.
  11. drinkypoo

drinkypoo

Feller at the bar serving me Pavement told me one of the band members reached out to them and said something complimentary (I forget the details now). But doesn't look like Malkmus and Co are going to start any litigation.

As for the space, I really really enjoyed it. Helped that a motorcyle club/group was meeting and lots of cool older Triumphs and Hondas littered the lot. The interior was totally my jam and the staff was super pleasant.
    Conversely with my visits to the Alchemist, and even HF, I prefer this destination. HF is beautiful and the beer is y'know, but its a haul. Alchemist is not a destination really.
    I know my next trip to MTL will find me spending my night in Burlington so I can really take in dat Foam.

12. preluderl

preluderl

Any word on how the first Tuesday release went last night? I'll be there in two weeks for the Tuesday evening release and I'm curious how early folks lined up and such.

BravoDawg and Frank like this.
  13. bahnfire

bahnfire

They posted today (Wednesday) around 4:30pm on their FB page that they still have 8 cases of Built to Spill remaining from the Tuesday 6pm release, so unless you have to get a whole case I wouldn't worry about getting in line too early.

preluderl likes this.
  14. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

6 IPAs on today and 4 of those are Doubles....

15. Frank

Frank

Yikes!

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  16. FreshHops

FreshHops

Their Friday beer release was very relaxed. I picked up a four-pack of Pavement with no line at around 10:30AM.

17. jermy

jermy

Looks like pavement is also the tues release. Will be there wed night if any TBers want to meet up

Frank likes this.
  18. RuckIt

RuckIt

I cracked an Orange Dot the other night, and holy hell was that thing tart. I'm glad I had 2 other people helping out with the bottle, but even my short pour was tough to get down.

Is that normal for the Dots? This was my first one, and I was expecting something closer to the sours which I've had on multiple occasions in the tap room. Very surprised, to say the least.

19. bahnfire

bahnfire

I haven't personally had any of the dots, but based on the opinions of people I trust I've heard similarly that there is a definite difference between the HOF beers and the Foam branded sours in terms of tartness.

GuzzleMcBrew, jermy and Frank like this.
  20. MooseLang

MooseLang

Some bands would get lawyers involved, and then some bands are just badass