US - Great Lakes FOBAB

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Dsal89, Aug 22, 2014.

1. ClCardinal84

ClCardinal84

I concur. Had all of the Spon's at Shelton a few weeks ago. Really amazing stuff.

PHBoiler likes this.
  2. ClCardinal84

ClCardinal84

Anyone need a ticket for tonight? My friends I was going with had to back out and I'd be rolling solo which I don't really feel like doing.

Shoot me a PM if anyone is interested.

3. BobCobb

BobCobb

Fobab Sat PM update: see jegross2 from a distance cutting in near front of line 10 mins to open.

Do you do anything right in life?

4. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

Why the fuck is there a 2-block-long line to get into an event for which everyone already has a ticket and there's no shortage of beer? Fuck that, were waiting it out at PhD Pub like we did last year.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    SecretSquirrel and ClCardinal84 like this.
  5. thewimperoo

thewimperoo

Tickets up to $85 + Fees from $60 last year

[​IMG]

6. Alum

Alum

I dunno.. I'm not happy about the price raise (Who would be "Happy" about such a thing?).. but it's certainly a realistic one considering you get to drink barrel aged beers for 5 hours (6 as an ImBIBE member).

What kinda bar tab would you be looking at if you did that somewhere?

7. Treebs

Treebs

Gone are the days I paid $40 plus $10 for IMBIBE and was one of 6 people in there an hour before everyone else. Not even going to bring up plumbers union. My third straight year missing FOBAB and not even missing it.

8. AndresR

AndresR

Yeah, but will they be pouring....VSOSJ?

LSMroz and TheJB like this.
  9. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

Am I imagining things, or was last year's FoBAB ridiculously more crowded than the previous few years? In 2015, the only significant line was for the two GI booths, and those were maybe 10 minutes apiece - we got there an hour after doors opened (last session, as always) and we still got hefty pours of Rare...twice. Other than that, we walked up & down the rows of booths, walking right up and getting generous pours of anything that looked interesting.

In 2016, the line for the single GI booth went around the perimeter of the room, and any booth with anything even vaguely "limited" had either an aggressive, line-cutting, elbow-throwing mob crushing against it, or a "tapped out" sign. The main room was so uncomfortably crowded that we ended up spending most of the evening in the sours/ciders room. Most of the booths there had 12-15-person lines for most of the night, but they were at least orderly & friendly. Drank so much White Angel.

I got the impression that someone at ICBG realized that they could make double the money if they sold double the tickets.

10. chemman14

chemman14

I really like your screen name

11. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

Thanks. I wanted something creative that allowed me to express myself and my unique personality.

12. Alum

Alum

I feel like 2016 was more crowded than 2017.

But that might have strictly been a design/floor plan thing.

I also only did Friday in 2017 (due to football tickets on Sat).

This'll be my 10th FoBAB and indeed, it certainly has changed a lot. If the cost means they cut down on people (Ron Howard's voice: "They did not"), that'd be nice..

Treebs you could literally do/taste EVERYTHING when they introduced ImBIBE back then in that first hour..

13. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

I've been in the fence the last few years maybe I just won't go this year lol

14. Alum

Alum

2016 v 2017.. I meant 2015 vs 2016.

You guys know what I meant tho.

15. powz87

powz87

Ummm unless they move it back to Bridgeport I'm out.

Scalzo likes this.