US - South-Atlantic Fonta Flora Brewing (Releases, etc)

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by caaam, Oct 20, 2015.

1. SourMilk

SourMilk

I'll be there.

2. 2plums4one

2plums4one

ISO: Appalachian Walker (mults if possible) IP at Fonta Flora Saturday.
    FT: Calico Jacks, recent Jackie Os stouts, possibly honey pie cans from Birdsong, GGW, etc

I know I know but trust me I'm not on this site for the trades, just figured I'd put an IP feeler out for any Ashvillians that may be able to go by Vitner tomorrow.

Photekut likes this.
  3. boogercrack

boogercrack

You guys should check out my buddy's place, Moondog Pizza. Like 5 min from FF.

SourMilk and 2plums4one like this.
  4. 2plums4one

2plums4one

That place looks awesome.

boogercrack likes this.
  5. Snarf

Snarf Previously TNGabe

[​IMG]

Photekut likes this.
  6. SourMilk

SourMilk

Will do.

boogercrack likes this.
  7. 2plums4one

2plums4one

Haha, hope all is well Gabe. I promise that will be the last trade post I have on here, and you can quote me on that ;)

mateoloco likes this.
  8. Snarf

Snarf Previously TNGabe

I thought you seemed familiar.

9. SourMilk

SourMilk

Got quoted 2 hour wait on a pizza. Not about to wait that long. That place was so busy. Good for them. We'll have to go next time.

boogercrack likes this.
  10. JulianB

JulianB

Next release is Feb. 20th:

I might show up for this one if I don't go to the Beach with my girlfriend. Can't say I'd be at all looking forward to the line though. Variants of Urban Monk:

Urban Monk: Imperial Stout aged on Defiant Whisky Oak Spirals.

Mexi Monk: Aged Additionally on Pure Intentions Coffee, French Broad Chocolate Nibs, Organic Vanilla Beans, Organic Cinnamon and Organic Cayenne Peppers.

Tropical Monk: Aged Additionally on Organic Toasted Coconut.

Turkish Monk: Aged Additionally on Pure Intentions Coffee and Organic Cardamom.

SourMilk and caaam like this.
  11. caaam

caaam

I'll be there. Stoked for these wilds

mateoloco likes this.
  12. DigDug1810

DigDug1810

i know the FF stuff is going super high lately but if any FF locals are iso TH bottles hit me up, been trying to find a FF local that is looking for TH local... seems FF is putting out more bottles now though and TH more cans so understand if nobody is interested

13. caaam

caaam

Maybe it's just my bias/homerism, but FF beers are a far cry better than TH beers. And the releases lately have been nutso, so "locals" doesn't really help, unfortunately

14. DigDug1810

DigDug1810

by TH i mean tired hands, not tree house... but in terms of this is better then that.. it could be.. idk.. i've only had a few FF beers but when Tired Hands hits on their saisons they are amazing... just been the bottles at the Ferm since May 2015 to now haven't quite lived up to what Tired Hands was putting out at the Cafe from early 2014 - mid 2015... the low bottle counts of the FF stuff makes it hard.

Figured there really aren't many "Locals" to FF either, i've been there.. wouldn't think too many live within 20-30 mins of the place.

Really Fonta reminds me a lot of how Tired Hands was a few years back when they just had the cafe, that's what charmed me when i visited Fonta back in September and got to try rhythm rug on tap I think it was.. the strawberry on that beer was phenomenal.. could taste it a few hours still on my palate.

Funny thing was on that day i got to visit FF i noticed a bunch of bottles inside the place and saw some Tired Hands and asked the people working about all the bottles and was told the brewer and a few people had a little share that day. I didn't get to talk to him, but was trying as I had a bunch of Tired Hands with me and Hill Farm as i was on vaca in the area and was trying to make a trade with him for some ryhtym rug.

oh well, if anybody sees this is and likes Tired Hands and doesn't already have a Tired Hands connection let me know

15. preluderl

preluderl

I live in Pittsburgh, but have a buddy who lives in Morganton. He made it to the Meemaw release for me, got bottles of Meemaw and Bloody Butcher but he was at the end of the line.

He tried to go to the next release with Sal de Gusano and came up empty on everything but Land Grant. I didn't even have him try to go to this one. I feel bad making others stand in line for me and I figured it was going to be insane.

Their stuff is trading crazy high now too... Insane how fast hype builds.

Anyway, I do have two extra bottles of Land Grant if anyone would like to try it. Not their sexiest release (apple saison) but no insane asking prices if anyone has never had the pleasure of trying FF.

Snarf and DigDug1810 like this.
  16. 2plums4one

2plums4one

I think you may be referring to land trust, but I may be wrong here.

17. preluderl

preluderl

Yeah that's what I meant, my mistake.

2plums4one likes this.
  18. 2plums4one

2plums4one

Sleep Inn is going to be off the charts this weekend. That is all.

19. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Anyone headed to the release this Saturday? How do the releases go down generally?

20. 2plums4one

2plums4one

Must say, the past 3 ff bottles (funk fuzz, razz, razz 2) have been world class. They are really nailing their wilds right now.

mateoloco, Sam Fu and Beer guy Noah like this.