Framboos in Seattle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wethorseblanket

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows if this made it to Seattle at all. If it did I can only assume it was behind the counter, off-shelf, friends only type transactions. But still curious so I can stop asking around.

Yeah, I was at their Shelton event a few weeks ago.

I've asked at Whole Foods, Downtown Spirits, and Metropolitan Market. I don't know where the prime Shelton stuff goes though. Bottleworks? Beer Junction?

Yeah, I was at their Shelton event a few weeks ago.

I've asked at Whole Foods, Downtown Spirits, and Metropolitan Market. I don't know where the prime Shelton stuff goes though. Bottleworks? Beer Junction?

Bottleworks, Chucks, 99 Bottles, Full Throtle normally get the higher profile Shelton stuff.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any Framboos.

Chuck's got Golden Doesjel last year, but I think that was when Shelton was coming in via Urban Family. I have no idea what's going on now.

New distributor in WA for Shelton. Things didn't end well between them and Urban Family.

There was a Loon drop 6-7 weeks ago. Didn't last long.

Podunkparte, pick me up as many bottles will fit into your poops on poops couch please.

thanks

PS: wanna come to spokane sometime? You could crash my place and we could get drunk.

Is this EVER coming our waY. I hate Shelton.

I will once again defend Shelton, they have been nothing but amazing to work with for Brews for New Avenues. The last couple of years I have been on the phone dozens of times and sent 100s of emails back and forth. They are the reason we are able to get kegs over from Europe. The breweries are amazing for donating them, but Shelton takes care of shipping them over, dealing with taxes etc... and even donates a few kegs.
I have been met with nothing but extreme politeness and professionalism from Joel Shelton and the rest of the Shelton team, great supporters of New Avenues.

Cheers
Don

That's fantastic that they've been good to you but they're not good to everyone. They've snubbed Seattle with bottles so many times. They left our market for years and years. I was happy to find out that we will at least get a zwanze event this year which is fantastic. We just get snubbed with bottles.

That's fantastic that they've been good to you but they're not good to everyone. They've snubbed Seattle with bottles so many times. They left our market for years and years. I was happy to find out that we will at least get a zwanze event this year which is fantastic. We just get snubbed with bottles.

Think that maybe, just maybe, there is a logical business reason behind this?

Or possibly the simplest answer, occams razor be damned, is to spite you?;)

Last edited:
I was happy to find out that we will at least get a zwanze event this year which is fantastic.

This should probably be it's own thread or in the Seattle thread, but what is the process for Zwanze at Brouwers? Never been to one before. Is there usually a ticketing system or something, or just show up and get in line?

This should probably be it's own thread or in the Seattle thread, but what is the process for Zwanze at Brouwers? Never been to one before. Is there usually a ticketing system or something, or just show up and get in line?
Show up and get in line. Last time they gave out buttons to the first however many people so they were guaranteed a pour of zwanze

That's fantastic that they've been good to you but they're not good to everyone.
I understand that you're frustrated that it seems like we don't get an equal allotment of some of the coveted ****, but they have no obligation to "be good to" anybody. They didn't pull out of Washington to personally snub you, they had to make what was probably a difficult business decision based on **** we know nothing about. Both times they pulled out of the market they came back and tried to make it work, which is a clear sign that as much as it's been a pain in their ass to distribute here, they do care about us and want to send their beer here. They are a small business doing what they think is best for the breweries they work with and we're one of many, many markets a long ass ways away from them.

Having watched the ebb and flow of Shelton beers here, I'm just thankful I don't have to drive to Portland to pick bottles up anymore. I'm thankful we even get a Zwanze day, and that there are Jolly Pumpkin and Anchorage bottles on shelves all the time. There was a time when Cantillon sat on shelves here, too, and multiple years when the day after Sour Fest at Brouwer's there'd be 5-6 Cantillon beers on draft that nobody gave a **** about.

Back