FT: Casey ISO: C+S

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer, Cider, and Mead)' started by Zach, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:51 PM.

1. Zach

Zach

My cellar is too big right now and I need to downsize. So, choose some bottles, and I'll send them to you at cost + shipping. I'm hoping to get these bottles to people who haven't had much Casey.

Beer (retail cost of bottle, quantity available)
    Casey Family Preserves: Goldbar & Perfection Apricot ($30, 2)
    Casey Family Preserves: Danube Cherry ($30, 1)
    Funky Blender Preserves: Danube Cherry ($30, 1)
    Funky Blender: Red Haven Peach ($20, 1)
    East Bank: Bing Cherry ($20, 2)

The "preserve" beers are fruited at 4 lbs/gallon and everything else is 2 lbs/gallon.

2. holldy01

holldy01

What’s the difference between their different series? I found east bank has honey and funky blender they use a different yeast strain but tasting more wise I can’t seem to find anything breaking down their different beer series

3. Zach

Zach

I don't think there's too much info on how Casey's base beers are brewed. East bank is made with honey and Munich malt, like you said, but recent blends have contained about 25% funky blender. Funky blender is their saison base, I think, but with added cultures. I'm unsure if these added cultures are the same for each blend, but if I had to guess, they aren't. Oak theory is made with aged hops, has no lacto (only pedio), and is aged about two years in the barrel. Season's past is any beer that's been aged longer than usual and has taken on some unique characteristics. There's a few others too.