US - South-Atlantic Ft Lauderdale to Jupiter - De Dolle Search

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by claaark13, Nov 28, 2016.

1. claaark13

claaark13

I'll be flying into Ft. Lauderdale this week and be as far north as Jupiter. I'm looking for some Stille Nacht, Oerbier and Oerbier Reserva, probably about as much as 12 bottles of each. Does anyone have a recommendation of where I should shop? I'm not here to poach any of your precious Cantillon, just your useless, dusty, shitty, terrible De Dolle. Thanks for any help.

Snarf, Gonzoillini, Sender1 and 5 others like this.
  2. claaark13

claaark13

I fucking swear I won't buy your lambic. I just want your De Dolle. It's going to be better to just direct me to what I need rather than to let me wander, because if I wander, I'm going to end up stumbling across your lambic and buy all of it. Every last wethorseblanketsomuchtartohmymouthissomineralfunk lambic. But if you just guide me, I'll stay on track and only buy De Dolle. I don't even want your hops; I'm stopping at Civil Society tomorrow and buying like 10 crowlers to hold me over. Please. Don't do this for me, do this for you.

3. mixed_master7

mixed_master7

I don't think you are drunk enough to be taken seriously. :p

4. claaark13

claaark13

You're right, but I won't be drunk enough until tomorrow night and by then I'll have already burned my opportunity to shop in Jupiter. I'm being forced into taking a sober approach.

5. mixed_master7

mixed_master7

Godspeed.

6. Stubs

Stubs

I have some stuff. We could work something out easy. I aint got nuthin crazy though.

7. Stubs

Stubs

Ps I'm not in FL and this would require shipping.

claaark13 likes this.
  8. masterovkhaos

masterovkhaos

I know places in Miami that have plenty of regular Oerbier and Stille Nacht. Oerbier Reserva, I already bought all of, sorry.

9. thebandit1

thebandit1

I was at the Total Wines in Boca, Boyton, and Palm Beach last week and didn't see any. I didn't see any at the small local shops I went to either.

10. claaark13

claaark13

No De Dolle, but I bought a bunch of lambic today.

Snarf, 7clutch, Usofar and 1 other person like this.
  11. claaark13

claaark13

No fucking joke, my package full of lambic I bought in Florida just had an exception for being damaged during shipment right before it was to be delivered today. FedEx claims it was their fault, we'll see when/if it is eventually delivered. My guess is that a 3F exploded. Awesome. Fucking Florida. This never would've happened if it were instead full of De Dolle.

[​IMG]

12. BuckTuckian

BuckTuckian

How'd this turn out?

13. thebandit1

thebandit1

I had this happen once when I shipped to myself. They just returned it to the sender (me!) and didn't charge me shipping and refunded me for the damage at $100! In the end, one can had exploded. Best box I ever got.

14. BuckTuckian

BuckTuckian

[​IMG]

15. claaark13

claaark13

Similar for me. An IPA bottle I received as a gift was completely crushed in the box. I had it going to a commercial address and they just ended up pulling the primary components of the broken glass, closing it back up and sending it to the original destination. I'm pretty certain that I was still charged for it, but that was the only bottle that I gave zero fucks about and was too happy that they just sent it along to even worry about asking any questions.

I still blame Florida though, it's not like that part changed.