FWIBF 2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More Betterness

Reaction score
Who’s in this year? My whole crew somehow got tickets from the initial sale which is nice. Won’t have to wait for the inevitable May sell off to get lodging situated. Would love to tick a few of you this year if possible!

I was traveling for work last week and my buddy and I both totally missed it. Please put me in line for 2 (gen admission is fine) if anyone has some and their plans change.

Next year I am just going to buy two tickets and just hook up the first 2 people that missed out here since I don't have any interest in going. I totally meant to this year but spaced on the ticket sales.

I still don't get why Sierra Nevada and Stone get invited every year...

From my knowledge, Sierra Nevada, Stone, and New Belgium are invited every year because those breweries provide the beer for the stage area for the last hour...which is when all other breweries are closed down (some tap several hours before the end too).

The big guys have the inventory and supply to provide the rush of attendees as the fest winds down. Also legacy...

Sounds like there's going to be a pre FWIBF event on Friday, according to their Facebook...

Sounds like there's going to be a pre FWIBF event on Friday, according to their Facebook...

It'll be really interesting to see what it is. Friday night is typically when the brewery and food guests have their Brewers BBQ. I can't imagine they'd open that up to the public as its basically camping night with a bottle/keg share among the breweries invited.

My money is on something hosted at the brewery itself with only Firestone beers.

Looking forward to my first FWIBF this year. A bunch of SB friends and I are staying in an Airbnb for the weekend. Sounds like the Adelaide is the place for a Friday bottleshare, perhaps some of us will try crash the party.

(Link to media)
33334505_10155163305141261_3689806292324450304_o.jpg

From the minds of Creature Comforts & Firestone Walker comes our 2018 Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Festival collaboration beer: Mother's Milk - an imperial milk porter aged for nearly one year in rye whiskey barrels with an added dash of sea salt. Rye whiskey barrels were specifically chosen to balance the sweeter tones of the milk porter with a spicy bitter quality, resulting in a 11.6% ABV beer with notes of dulce de leche, chocolate covered raspberries & brown sugar.

Mother’s Milk releases Saturday, June 2nd only at FW locations (Brewery Emporium in Paso Robles, Barrelworks in Buellton, Firestone Walker - Propagator in Venice). $10.99 plus tax & CRV each, six bottle max purchase per person.#FWIBF2018

What level of crazy are the shares? As a first-timer to this event, I don't want to be under-prepared.

What level of crazy are the shares? As a first-timer to this event, I don't want to be under-prepared.

The Adelaide ones are probably a 4-5 on a 1-10 level of crazy. But it really doesn't matter. We are all just there to share and drink beer.

This is a shitty picture of what I brought with me last year....I think we only went through half of it:
13344617_1572030263094330_8594312534573279347_n.jpg

Edit: Even though I was definitely not sober most of the weekend, I do remember getting a slew of death stares when I broke out the upland kiwi. I ended up putting it back and busting out something else that was less offensive to everyone's stomach.

(Link to media)
33334505_10155163305141261_3689806292324450304_o.jpg

From the minds of Creature Comforts & Firestone Walker comes our 2018 Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Festival collaboration beer: Mother's Milk - an imperial milk porter aged for nearly one year in rye whiskey barrels with an added dash of sea salt. Rye whiskey barrels were specifically chosen to balance the sweeter tones of the milk porter with a spicy bitter quality, resulting in a 11.6% ABV beer with notes of dulce de leche, chocolate covered raspberries & brown sugar.

Mother’s Milk releases Saturday, June 2nd only at FW locations (Brewery Emporium in Paso Robles, Barrelworks in Buellton, Firestone Walker - Propagator in Venice). $10.99 plus tax & CRV each, six bottle max purchase per person.#FWIBF2018

damn im pretty excited for this beer, but wtf is up with the chocolate raspberry in the description? that's not supposed to be there if there's no fruit added right? o_O

Back