GABF 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene1

Just happy to be here
Reaction score
Who's going?

I'm going to the Saturday afternoon session and the rare beer event on Friday, and who knows what else in between.

Doing the:
Thurs farm to table
Fri rare beer
Sat daytime members

Hope to see you there Gene! Bring some BT schwag and I will proudly flaunt it! (And purchase it of course)

I'll be in Denver from Wednesday-Sunday for GABF. As of right now I have a ticket for Thursday night and the rare beer tasting on Friday. I was hoping to go Saturday day session as well, but I was victim to whatever glitch was plaguing Ticketmaster when tickets went on sale Tuesday.

I hate crowds, so just doing GABF on Thursday, and going to breweries Friday–Sunday. Here’s my list of breweries and restaurants I plan to visit – any suggestions from locals for things that are either missing or I should skip?

http://thefullpint.com/beer-cast/ne...er-festival-2012-on-location-at-falling-rock/
Some video of it starting at the 9:10 mark. Looks kind of epic....

wizards-of-yep.gif

Just got tickets for the Crooked Stave WTFunk event, so... going to that too. I might die Friday and/or Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/612080345498323/

Looks like we will be taking the same trip. Between 2 gabf sessions, rare beer tasting, wtf, and the dr. Bill tasting I'm not sure how ill survive either. Maybe share a funeral plot? Inscribed as "here lies rueben. He hates beer" sound good?

BM DrBill on BA and ask to be put on the list. Pay when you get there. Usually take Walk-ins but I'd get on the list anyways

We should try to have a BT Meetup at a local brewery. I don't have tickets to any of the events but I could try and make my way up from the springs to meet some of you folks in person.

Myself + bro are in for that if we have the time. We need to get Gene to bring us some BT merch to buy.

I'll be there with one of my drinking buddies. We're working the competition so we'll be hemmed up Wednesday through Friday during the day, but we'll be out on the town in the evening as well as all day Saturday. I'd love to meet up with any of you that'll be in Denver (Gene - I'm looking at you). I'll also be able to do an IP trade while I'm there. Alpine anyone?

I arrive Thursday at noon. Last year we hit Freshcraft before the Thursday session.

We are at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown thru Sunday.

Farm to table tickets for THursday, then Midnight Breakfast at Euclid Hall.

Friday morning breakfast at Snooze. Cab to Crooked Stave, then Rare beer, then what the Funk!
Saturday morning breakfast at SNooze. Members session, then Br. Bill's tasting.

Fitting in a meet up with my CS Trustee as well.

Can't wait!

I arrive Thursday at noon. Last year we hit Freshcraft before the Thursday session.

Friday morning breakfast at Snooze. Cab to Crooked Stave, then Rare beer, then what the Funk!

Can't wait!
There are some great breakfast places in town other than snooze. You also won't have to wait 2 hours for a table each morning.

I've got solid plans Tuesday night, Friday all day/night, and Saturday all day/night. What are you guys planning on doing wed/thurs days and/or nights?
Looking to hit Crooked Stave Wednesday night. It could be Thursday. It depends when the GABF judge's reception is being held - I have tickets to that one and I don't want to miss it.

Snooze is really good. Just wouldn't want someone to spend almost 4 hours of their trip waiting for a table. Im on a plane about to take off. I'll reply later with some spots close to your hotel.

I've got solid plans Tuesday night, Friday all day/night, and Saturday all day/night. What are you guys planning on doing wed/thurs days and/or nights?

My vote is to have a meetup thurs during the day as I won't be in Denver until that morning. Selfish? Don't care.

Also Gene is it possible to score a BT glass like the one back fat has posted around? Obviously dependent on our ability to meet up.

My vote is to have a meetup thurs during the day as I won't be in Denver until that morning. Selfish? Don't care.

Also Gene is it possible to score a BT glass like the one back fat has posted around? Obviously dependent on our ability to meet up.

Yeah I think I'm gonna bring a bunch in the suitcase.

I have to work the competition for GABF and will be hemmed Wednesday and Thursday until about 5pm. Friday I get off "work" around 1 or 2pm. Wednesday night is perfect, as it Thursday night.

I have to work the competition for GABF and will be hemmed Wednesday and Thursday until about 5pm. Friday I get off "work" around 1 or 2pm. Wednesday night is perfect, as it Thursday night.

CS Wednesday night? And kuemmelbrau we can hang Thursday, I've got no plans yet. Let me know if you hear of anything good happening.

Can't wait!

Looks like me, you, and gene might be bumping into each other a lot as we seem to be going to mostly all the same events. I think we should have some sort of secret code to identify each other with. Maybe reuben scented cologne? That way every time we smell a Reuben we can yell "I hate beer" and see if we can get gifs or memes in response.

Super.Cool.

Definitely not set in stone, except for the ticketed events. Also probably a bit ambitious overall. Anyone notice any glaring omissions?

Back