GABF 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene1

Just happy to be here
Reaction score
Who's going, and what other events are you guys attending throughout the week?

Shteiven and I will be in Denver from Tuesday to Sunday.

As you guys hear about events popping up or tickets going on sale, post here. I'll keep this post updated with our plans for the week.

Gene and Shteiven GABF plans - updated 8/15 by Shteiven:
  • Tuesday: Arrive in Denver
  • Wednesday: TBD
  • Thursday: What The Funk GABF 2014
  • Friday: Pints for Prostates Denver Rare Beer Tasting
  • Saturday: TBD

Last edited by a moderator:
What other events are happening?

There are probably ten events a night, and that doesn't include the ******** that happens at Falling Rock.

The biggest are the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Tasting and the Crooked Stave What The Funk.... but those tickets and times haven't been announced yet.

What other events are happening?

There are probably ten events a night, and that doesn't include the ******** that happens at Falling Rock.

The biggest are the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Tasting and the Crooked Stave What The Funk.... but those tickets and times haven't been announced yet.
Pints for Prostate Rare Beer Tasting is Friday from 1-4. VIP tickets for an extra hour of drinking are sold out.

I'll be hitting OB on the way to Denver Friday night. Hopefully WTF is Friday night again, or I'll just be tooling around looking to drink with you ****ers. Going to Saturday members sesh this year.

Note to The BA, accountants do not like it when you schedule GABF during the first week of the month.

WTF last year was easily in the top 2 of the events we went to last year. Pints for prostates was also great.

I'm also just about as excited about getting a crescent from the bread maker at The Source. Had quite a few of those, and some excellent espresso while waiting for crooked stave to open.

got my tickets for Friday... also a buddy stupidly bought Thursday tickets... so i'll have a set of four up for trade/sale when we figure which session we really are attending...

I will be going this year! First-timer! And it's my birthday that weekend. :) Got tickets to Thursday and Members session on Saturday.

I will be at GABF on Thursday, prolly will do Rare beer on Friday than the Source on Saturday. That was what I did last year & I had a fabulous time so not messing with success. Hope WTF is on Friday that might be my one change up.

Headed to Thursday myself so will be stoked to try some brews I missed last year before they tap out. A lot of beers I wanted to try had tapped by Saturday members session last year. But on the flip side I hear the Sat members session is good because of the fewer people allowed in.

Honestly debating whether to even go to any GABF sessions now. Thursday is kinda the only one I considered doing after seeing how much good stuff kicked on the first night last year. It will be a tough call.

Honestly debating whether to even go to any GABF sessions now. Thursday is kinda the only one I considered doing after seeing how much good stuff kicked on the first night last year. It will be a tough call.

I kind of wonder whether we'd be better off just building up a $65 bar tab at falling rock or hops and pie honestly.

If you go, go to Saturday Afternoon.

The only session I would completely avoid is the frat party on Saturday Night.

Back