GABF 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lutter

Reaction score
Why is there not a thread for this yet?

I'll be there for the Thurs/Friday night sessions.

Tickets apparently sold out in something like six minutes this year despite there being 22% more tickets.

It's all scalpers. I don't even buy tickets until the day of the festival anymore. I have always been able to buy for less than face in front of the convention center day of.

It's all scalpers. I don't even buy tickets until the day of the festival anymore. I have always been able to buy for less than face in front of the convention center day of.
I logged into the Ticketmaster app at 11am CST and had no issues whatsoever... took less than 30 secs to get tickets. *shrug*

I logged into the Ticketmaster app at 11am CST and had no issues whatsoever... took less than 30 secs to get tickets. *shrug*

Yep, and I'll still get in cheaper than you. I don't even worry about it anymore.

Darkness.......

giphy.gif

Previous years they have overlapped... so this year going to both events isn't mutually exclusive.

I mean, if Wednesday night isn't close enough to be part of a event Thursday afternoon I'm thinking you're just pointing out the obvious to be "that guy".

There are tappings all week. Stores pull out the goodies from the cellar. Those clearly aren't related to gabf by your logic....

I just got tickets to the Saturday day session. Kind of mad about missing WTF, the first three were great! New venue this year too.

Just found out I get to fly out for this. Went in 2013 as a consumer now get to see what it's like as a brewer....stop by the Adroit Theory booth and ask for Doctor M!

I always enjoy this time of year when the lead up to the GABF week is about *****es squacking about why they hate the festival. I go every other year (this will be my third time attending) and the fesitval is actually very well run. Organized, they get the people in quickly and other than the line of bags flocking to Sam Adams, DogFish Head and Cigar City, lines usually aren't that bad.....I just miss the days when the upper echelon (like myself) were able to get the early entrance. :)

Also, even if you don't go to any of the events, there is enough **** going on in and around town to make for a really good weekend (Avery always kills it IMO).

Any locals have any suggestions for new breweries or MUST HIT places that have popped up? We do bounce between Denver, Boulder, Loveland and Fort Collins.
(For the record, it you say Falling Rock, your suggestion will be quickly dismissed....biggest **** show in Denver during craft beer week)

Cannonball Creek and Comrade are my favorite two breweries right now. These guys have really stepped up the ipa game here making Oregon worthy ipas. The new Avery place is pretty sweet and worth a stop. I'm sure there are other places that are worthy but this is my input.

I always enjoy this time of year when the lead up to the GABF week is about *****es squacking about why they hate the festival. I go every other year (this will be my third time attending) and the fesitval is actually very well run. Organized, they get the people in quickly and other than the line of bags flocking to Sam Adams, DogFish Head and Cigar City, lines usually aren't that bad.....I just miss the days when the upper echelon (like myself) were able to get the early entrance. :)

Also, even if you don't go to any of the events, there is enough **** going on in and around town to make for a really good weekend (Avery always kills it IMO).

Any locals have any suggestions for new breweries or MUST HIT places that have popped up? We do bounce between Denver, Boulder, Loveland and Fort Collins.
(For the record, it you say Falling Rock, your suggestion will be quickly dismissed....biggest **** show in Denver during craft beer week)
Falling Rock?

BeerAdvocate Does Denver!
Calendar | BeerAdvocate Events
Saturday - September 26, 2015 @ 12:00PM
Social Gathering
TBA, Denver, Colorado

Are you going?
It's the return of BeerAdvocate Does Denver! Hell yeah!

The last time we did one of these was during the 2010 Great American Beer Festival (GABF). A lot has changed in Denver since then, so this is going to be fun.

THE 411:
Join the Alström Bros, fellow BAs, friends, brewers, and random people who stumble into the crawl as we explore places to grab a brew in LoDo, RiNo, and Five Points.

* Drink some beers (and maybe some ciders).
* Make friends (real ones, not Facebook friend collectors).
* Converse in the real world (that means stand next to people, make eye contact, and vocalize your thoughts in a non-troll-like manner).
* Join us for the full-day or anytime along the way. Everyone is welcome. Bring your friends.
* Bring your wallets.

ITINERARY
We're working on it, but that shouldn't stop you from saving the date and signing up.

START TIME
Is just a placeholder for now.

More to follow ...

snigger.gif

Social Gathering
TBA, Denver, Colorado

Are you going?

The last time we did one of these was during the 2010 Great American Beer Festival (GABF). A lot has changed in Denver since then, so this is going to be fun.

THE 411:
Join the Alström Bros, fellow BAs, friends, brewers, and random people who stumble into the crawl as we explore places to grab a brew in LoDo, RiNo, and Five Points.

* Converse in the real world (that means stand next to people, make eye contact, and vocalize your thoughts in a non-troll-like manner).
* Join us for the full-day or anytime along the way. Everyone is welcome. Bring your friends.
* Bring your wallets.

ITINERARY
We're working on it, but that shouldn't stop you from saving the date and signing up.

START TIME

More to follow ...

snigger.gif

That sounds ****ing terrible.

Social Gathering
TBA, Denver, Colorado

Are you going?

THE 411:

* Bring your wallets.

ITINERARY

START TIME

More to follow ...

snigger.gif
I bet you get to meet Candace. WORTH IT.

Social Gathering
TBA, Denver, Colorado

Are you going?

THE 411:

* Bring your wallets.

ITINERARY

START TIME

More to follow ...

snigger.gif

Come be my hot date there.
We can fight the alstroms like hooligans

I swear if I'm out drinking and carrying on and I see these ****s walk into the bar I am at, which in reality chances are .00000000001 of this happening, I will straight up go Diddy Kong Country on them. Like beat them to a nice pulp then ejaculate on their graves, separately and vindictively while wearing a TB snuggie and belligerently shouting GOBSHITES.

I swear if I'm out drinking and carrying on and I see these ****s walk into the bar I am at, which in reality chances are .00000000001 of this happening, I will straight up go Diddy Kong Country on them. Like beat them to a nice pulp then ejaculate on their graves, separately and vindictively while wearing a TB snuggie and belligerently shouting GOBSHITES.

Why have I not met you...we would be bff

This. We share the same brain thought thingys....

Latest posts

Back