US - Mountain GABF 2016

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by DoctorM, Aug 1, 2016.

1. DoctorM

DoctorM

So who is going? Pretty sure Steve said he is going again how about you Gene ?

I haven't been keeping track of any events going on that week and most are probably already sold out but may have some free time Wednesday night and Thursday during the day as well as Friday. Staying at the Embassy Suites right across from the Convention center.

Oh and I am flying out this year... no idea why I thought driving 3200 miles round trip in 3 days time would be fun.

2. chemman14

chemman14

Ill be there, going to the Thur and Saturday afternoon sessions as well as the Rare Beer Fest on Friday. Can't wait!

3. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees

I'll probably be at WTF and at Rare Beer if DenverBeerDrinker has a spare ticket. Looking to do members only as well.

TheMitz likes this.
  4. Penguin3200

Penguin3200

Back again for Thursday night , rare beer, and Saturday members! Looking forward to it as always.

DenverBeerDrinker likes this.
  5. TheMitz

TheMitz

Grabbed two for the member session. The rest of the week will be special tappings, events, etc. Best time of the year for beer in Denver!

radio2525 likes this.
  6. chemman14

chemman14

Grabbed 2 for member and for Thur! Cant wait!

7. DoctorM

DoctorM

Hopefully you guys can make it by my booth. Adroit Theory Brewing Company. Ask for doc!

8. chemman14

chemman14

Ill keep that in mind! What are you guys bringing?

9. DoctorM

DoctorM

Two headed calf - farmhouse ale aged in Sauterne barrels

Legion- Belgian stout aged in pinot noir barrels for 22 months

B/A/Y/S (Black as your soul)- RIS aged in Cabernet Sauvignon Barrels

G/I/A/A (God is an American) - Imperial IPA aged in Mezcal barrels

Love of the damned - Old ale

Beerontwowheels, libbey and chemman14 like this.
  10. radio2525

radio2525

grabbed tickets for Friday and Saturday member session as well as rare beer. Hope to do special tapping and other fun

11. chemman14

chemman14

Wow those sound great! Ill be sure to come by and say whats up on either Thursday or Saturday afternoon!

DoctorM likes this.
  12. Destral

Destral

That is my plan as well.

13. Destral

Destral

Are there any details on WTF yet? I haven't seen any announcements or event details.

14. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees

Other site was posting some information. Not sure if legit or not.

15. Lutter

Lutter

Got tickets to the Saturday member session as well as Paired.

Other than that, hanging at Falling Rock and cruising breweries on Friday/Sat night.

Haven't decided if I'm flying or driving yet. The drive isn't exactly horrible from Austin @ 12 hours or so (leaving after work Thurs, drive about 6 hours up to the panhandle, and another 6 getting there at noon on Fri), but it certainly is a whole lot of nothing going up there, lol.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  16. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees

Also,

Best new spot to grab amazing beers is The Crafty Fox. They are crushing it with a diverse and extremely limited tap list. The stuff they'll pulling out during GABF is going to be unreal.

If you venture to Fort Collins, I'm your huckleberry for all things.

TheMitz and chemman14 like this.
  17. Kasher

Kasher

BREAKING NEWS:

--Denver, CO; WTF?! will be held this year in a two room basement off of Colfax. We're not actually going to tell you what date or what time it is scheduled for. There will be 200,000 tickets sold at $200 a piece. 40,000 VIP tickets will be available for $800 a person and come with a souvenir bag. The shirt guy will not be there again, so if you were hoping to waste an hour+ of your life waiting for someone to make a non-unique shirt for you in real time, you're out of luck.

We're also on the lookout for volunteers to come in early (even before the VIPs) and drink all the beer. You'll have to set up a few tables, but other than that we'll give you free reign to try as many beers as you'd like and to stumble around drunk for the entire duration of the event. Sign up now.

Brewery names will be posted under the tablecloth at their table. You'll actually have to walk up to the table, lift up a table cloth to figure out what brewery you've reached. We will also be doing fills for all Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve members who bring their 40oz growlers:

Some bullshit CS Petite Sour varietal: $250
    SARA: $300
    Rare Barrel: $350
    Ale Apothecary: $475
    St. Bretta Fall: $40

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at CSA@crookedstave.com. But be aware, we will not respond to anything regarding the event. Hope to see everyone there. We could really use more of your money.

Suckers

-Yetta and Chad.

P.S. There will be 2 port a potties for the event. We'll also be having several food vendors. We've told each vendor to prepare enough food for 30 guests. So get there early!!!

Seriously fuck that event.

18. DoctorM

DoctorM

^

Being in the industry I've learned every brewery is absolutely perfect.

And sarcasm off I realize that it isn't necessarily crook3d staves fault....

But I went to the first wtf and last year's wtf.... I am definitely not gonna buy this year's tickets. Hopefully they figure out how to *read hire a competent event organizer* but I stayed Maybe 45 minutes last year before I said fuck this.

On a brighter note I left there went to my hotel room and contacted some peeps at the Bruery. Ended up hanging out with brewers from the Bruery and Patrick Rue that night :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  19. Kasher

Kasher

As shitty as it was last year, if someone....anyone came out after the event and acknowledged mistakes were made, I'd consider going back. I know it was an outside company that ran logistics and CS(A) just sponsored it. The complete lack of any sort of communication as to why the event unfolded as it did is what's keeping me from considering attending this year.

Fuck ups happen everyday, but someone needed to man (or woman) up and jump on the grenade and no one did. They just let it all blow over.

TheMitz and DoctorM like this.
  20. Stubs

Stubs

Saturday?