US - Mountain GABF 2018

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by stupac2, Aug 12, 2018.

1. stupac2

stupac2

Kinda surprised there's no thread about this yet. My wife and I are going out, visiting some old friends of ours. We're doing the Thursday session and Rare Beer on Friday. I'm definitely interested in other things to do, was hoping for some guidance on what other events/breweries/restaurants are cool. My wife and I will have our toddler (and our friends have a kid about the same age) so advice on cool Denver things to do with kids is welcome too!

2. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Normally someone local posts a calendar with everything that is going on that week. I'll throw up the link if I see it.

Almost all breweries are kid friendly. With GABF happening a little earlier this year, a ride up in the mountains would be great with Fall colors.

What area of town you staying? Assuming you'll have a car? Kinds of food? Beer related food joints? Obviously tons of questions and based on answers we can offer different suggestions

stupac2 likes this.
  3. stupac2

stupac2

Uh... Lakewood? We're staying with friends so I'm going off what Google Maps says. (I see Casa Bonita on the map! Hide Butters!)
    Yup!
    Tasty!
    Sure!
    Cool. Is there typically any kind of TB share? Could potentially escape for that if so.

rrrjjj likes this.
  4. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Casa Bonita for the Colorado touristy thing to do? Sure.

I'll post as soon as I see the calendar to give you a better idea. But it's Denver Beer Week so places like Freshcraft, Hops and Pie and Falling Rock have great tappings during the week. I'm sure quite a few breweries are going to have releases that week. Cerebral, Weldwerks (about a 90 minute drive from Lakewood), Casey (if heading up to the mountains) and several others had releases that week last year.

Food: depending if you're looking for family stuff or a night out with the wife and don't mind spending more. Lets talk.

I know there is always some shares going on. I usually have family in town and I'm not against meeting strangers and opening great beers. I'm sure I'll get word of shares closer to the date.

VIP for Rare Beer or with the peasants during GA?

tosh likes this.
  5. stupac2

stupac2

South Park reference. I have 0 interest in actually doing that.
    Both, potentially. We have Saturday night all to ourselves, other nights will be with our friends/kid.
    Cool, lmk. Have SARA will travel.
    Peasants :(. We waited too long to decide to do this to buy tickets, got them off a guy on BA.

DenverBeerDrinker likes this.
  6. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Better keep this convo on the downlow. I'm not even sure I'm supposed to be talking to you

wendela13, mborden and stupac2 like this.
  7. stupac2

stupac2

8. Lutter

Lutter

Oh jesus. All that Geeks Who Drink.

Don't go to any of that shit is my advice.

http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/2018-gabf-week-events/

Check out the Falling Rock tap takeovers. They're packed, but they usually have the coolest takeovers. I'd check that GABF calendar a little closer to the event as I don't see a huge amount of takeovers. Freshcraft down the street from Falling Rock usually has a bunch of stuff going on as well.

I took this year off after going the last 4 years... needed a break from all the damn people.

wendela13 and stupac2 like this.
  9. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

10. stupac2

stupac2

11. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Falling Rock, freshcraft and Hops & Pie will have some great tappings during the week. All will be packed.

If you're looking for a food/beer pairing Euclid Hall does a great job of it.

Tons of stuff going on at a bunch of bars with tap takeovers the whole week. What time you looking to do stuff and I can list some other stuff out. Some local FB groups have some posts going with lists of stuff going on all week

12. SerenityNow

SerenityNow

Anyone in need of a Thurs GABF ticket, message me if so. Not going, and just want to sell at cost.

13. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

m34josh and stupac2 like this.
  14. scramin85

scramin85

Finns Manor is gonna be pretty insane all week.

Ispeakforthetrees and Cronkite11 like this.
  15. scramin85

scramin85

uhh just gonna leave this here.

(Link to media)

wendela13 and m34josh like this.
  16. chemman14

chemman14

That's going to be a massive shit show haha.

wendela13 likes this.
  17. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Every event at any of these bars are shit shows during GABF week

wendela13, scramin85 and chemman14 like this.
  18. chemman14

chemman14

IDK, falling rock isn't a shit show just busy af. Derevation 10, AR, EOC #2? That shit is going to be a complete disaster lol.

m34josh and DenverBeerDrinker like this.
  19. Dino

Dino

I will be attending again this year. Pretty psyched.

Will be at Rare Beer Tasting on Friday as well. Hope to meet some of you guys!

20. stupac2

stupac2

wendela13 and DenverBeerDrinker like this.