Game of Thrones thread

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by AleWatcher, Apr 11, 2013.

?

do you like the books or show better?

1. the books!

44 vote(s)
    25.1%
  2. the show!

23 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. you mean the show is based on books?

46 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. they're both great

62 vote(s)
    35.4%
  1. mjshearer1

mjshearer1

NYMERIA THO

2. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

Ooh, I didn't catch that last night. Hopefully that's actually what that is and not tricky editing.

quirk6, mjshearer1 and tikk like this.
  3. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4

Euron had to sail past Dragonstone to get to Kings Landing. So he must of passed it before Daenerys got there. Which also means he has to sail through her to get out. Leads me to belive he is going after Tyrion.

Padraig, sliverx and FEUO like this.
  4. FEUO

FEUO

Is he aware of Tyrion's place next to Dany or his history with his own family? Euron just showed up. How does he know what Cersei wants? But I like the idea. ;)

I imagine his role and character as Dany invades King's Landing and the Lanisters will take center stage.

MatthewPlus and ChicagoGuy like this.
  5. BrandoSF

BrandoSF

What about Bran at Castle Black? When the Nights king touched him he was able to get into the 3ER/forest people's hideout. Does that mean WW's can breach the wall now?

6. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

My guess is

he shows up with whatever "priceless gift" he went to get (some Oberyn chick, the Horn of Joramun, something nice from Kay Jewelers) just in time to see Dany's dragons and fleet wrecking King's Landing, and we finally see a Euron v. Yarsha showdown.

trickytunadicky, sliverx and Os like this.
  7. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

That montage seemed like this eps director binged a lot of Better Call Saul over the break. Cool, but felt out of place. Dialogue is also very hit or miss now the source material is more or less used up. Nobody can make 'homie' sound cooler than the Hound tho.

Edit: lmfao at Gene 's see you next tuesday to homie replacer code!

8. MikeG

MikeG

Possibly, but it also looks like they're hinting at the possibility of going around the wall at Eastwatch, something that's been theorized a ton in the books.

9. ncaudle

ncaudle

anyone else notice in the opening credits that Kings Landing still showed the Baratheon stag as the sidgil? would have thought it would have changed to a Lannister lion, especially considering the Ravens she sent saying "Cersei of House Lannister, first of her name, yadda yadda yadda"

ant880, sliverx, Gonzoillini and 3 others like this.
  10. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

Opening seen was awesome.

Also, been listening to Ed Sheeran all morning long.

BrandoSF, thrashD and tikk like this.
  11. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

my only problem w/ the Ed Sheerhan scene was him being in it and me knowing who he is... he looked like he wanted to laugh when nobody else was... I probably wouldn't have cared if I didn't know it was him... that combined with the silliness they have been writing into the show the last couple of seasons just isn't a good look IMO

12. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Would have been better if Ed Sheeran's face was a mask for the Faceless Men, and WHAM, out pops Arya Stark

No not really, but imagine the cameo potential

13. dtx00

dtx00

I dont know if sub-par is a good description of last night episode. We all knew this was going to happen, once the source material was gone there was going to be a drop off in quality, and I believe that is exactly what happend. Did we need that long of a montage with Sam, probably not. Did we need to see the hound digging a grave (even though it could have been some sort of nod to the Gravedigger theory) probably not. I figured that the Dany scene with her landing on Dragonstone would have taken up more of the episode. Kind of seemed anticlimactic with how they jammed in into the end of the episode. Wish they would have spent more time with Bran, him making it back to the Wall is kind of a big deal. Arya choosing to go south instead of north is a curious choice, but I think that plan is going to change for one reason or another. Also curious with the White Walker scene. Was the purpose of that just to show us there are giant Wights? How big the army of the dead has grown? I was waiting for a close up of Hodor as a Wight. It has been talked about a lot about the fact that the Night King can reanimate anything that has died so why just show giants? And why just 2? Are we to believe that only the 3 that were shown on the show were the only 3 in existence? And if that is the case how did they get the one out of the tunnel beneath the Wall? Where are the reanimated Mammoths? The ice spiders? Dragons? Dire wolves?

14. ncaudle

ncaudle

they showed 3 giant whytes

15. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

When the scene of the wight army happened, the panned a close up of one of the giant's faces, and it was missing an eye. My wife theorized it was Wun Wun reanimated, but I pointed out that Ramsay had shot out the eye that was glowing blue (the wight's right eye was intact, the left one removed). Also, the Night King hasn't advanced far enough to raise Wun Wun from the dead.

Made me think maybe it's a vision of his army, as it could be? Advanced far enough south to raise everyone who died at Battle of Winterfell? It wasn't really connected to any concrete scene, or placed in any time frame.

16. MikeG

MikeG

Probably just a random giant. I think they were just trying to show decomposition, and drive the point of terror home by zooming in on one blue eye.

coldafpipes likes this.
  17. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Would have been more terrifying for a zoom in on the brown eye

18. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

never zoom in on the brown eye!

Beerontwowheels, Gene, ant880 and 7 others like this.
  19. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

I'm guessing piece by piece. Sucks to be the people who were given that chore.

Ryan_G likes this.
  20. ncaudle

ncaudle

everyone that died at that battle was burned though, to prevent them from becoming whytes

dtx00, ChicagoGuy and BrandoSF like this.