Gauging Interest: Asheville TB Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netdigger2

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in doing a beer weekend in Asheville?

I was thinking Oct. 24-26, but that's negotiable.

The Downtown Inn & Suites (Motel 6 quality, but amazing location) has rooms in the $75 range and 6 or 7 breweries are within walking/stumbling distance.

Potentially on the agenda:

Wicked Weed Private Tour (99% sure we could make this happen)
Oskar Blues tour
Sierra Nevada tour
Pisgah
Green Man
Burial
The Lab
Wedge
Asheville Pizza & Brewing
Twin Leaf
Highland
Oyster House
Papa's & Beer (unbelievable Mexican Food)
Thirsty Monk

I'd be interested in possibly renting a 15 passenger bus and just taking turns on driving (the sober ones).

Anyone interested?

pgh_penguins , JulianB , Skrypt , Hanzo , bramsdell , wittyname , brother_kenneth , cubanbeerguy , Quickicks , beerness , StoutSeth , ncaudle , kwaide

Feel free to tag anyone else in the region.

Thanks for the tag. I won't be able to make that weekend and with everything I have coming up, I am not sure what I'd be able to commit to. But if you guys go, have fun! I love Asheville and do hope to get back soon as it is pushing a month since my last visit!

516x387px-LL-e72d53b9_i_am_intrigued.jpeg

Definitely interested, fall is filling up pretty quick with commitments and obligations but that weekend looks to be open. Could also do the one after but definitely not the one before (already registered for a race).

Ya damn right.
Stayed at the downtown inn before, certainly a nice spot to walk to everything.

Marine1975

Sent out a message on the other site to spur interest, IDK who all of my friends have accounts on here.

Thanks for the tag!

I'd come down for a day if it's another weekend. I'll be learning to contra dance that weekend because my wife goes to 20 beer events a year.
Photekut might make it over from Knox. Haven't met CruisaC yet, but he's in Knoxvegas now, too.

A 15 passenger van will be ~ $50/day + gas, but we might could get an SUV with a 3rd row. We could do the weekend of Columbus Day, but the 24-26 looks best for me.

If we can get 5-6 for certain commits, I'll call my contacts and see what tours/VIP experiences we can book.

Last edited:
Appreciate the tag. I'm working that weekend but otherwise would maybe be down. Ashville is a fun town. Thirsty Monk ftw

They also allow bed bugs. FYI
This hotel has been infested through multiple name changes.

Stayed there last time I was in Asheville(Memorial Day weekend), and didn't experience any issues, but do see that as a common trend on the reviews.

We are going up Halloween weekend, and decided to go the AirBnB route this time, and rent out a house.

I live about a 3 minute drive from downtown, and my neighbor Air BnBs her house (2 bedroom) out while she travels. I think she charges $150 a night. Not walking distance, but it is super easy to cab it back at night.

I live about a 3 minute drive from downtown, and my neighbor Air BnBs her house (2 bedroom) out while she travels. I think she charges $150 a night. Not walking distance, but it is super easy to cab it back at night.

Is there Uber or Lyft in Asheville?

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would ask here if anyone has recommendations for Asheville Beer Week. Looks like I'll be in Asheville May 23-29 for vacation with a few friends.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I would ask here if anyone has recommendations for Asheville Beer Week. Looks like I'll be in Asheville May 23-29 for vacation with a few friends.

I'm almost 99% sure I will be up there for a few days that week. Wicked Weed should have their Menage a Freak (12% Triple IPA) on that weekend.

Depends on the schedule. I went to several events two years ago, thought last year's line up was a little weak and just did Just Brew It.

Back