GI BCBS Release 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilc

Reaction score
mjra.jpg

I try to drink local - I do. I manage to drink about half of what I buy. Then this **** happens.
I wasn't passing judgement, just commenting. I'm not much of a believer in drinking local vs. not when it comes to production breweries.

I try to drink local - I do. I manage to drink about half of what I buy. Then this **** happens.

I love GI barrel aged stuff, but I convinced myself that I don't, or that FW + a French press is sufficient. Impossible to nab that stuff in quantity. Just waiting till the program expands in a few years, hopefully.

I love GI barrel aged stuff, but I convinced myself that I don't, or that FW + a French press is sufficient. Impossible to nab that stuff in quantity. Just waiting till the program expands in a few years, hopefully.
Which stuff? The regular BCBS was pretty trivial to nab in quantity this past year.

wait... bramble is getting released again. crapping my pants for joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait... bramble is getting released again. crapping my pants for joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Backyard Bramble, slightly different, in that they used more berries than just black and raspberries. But yes, pants-crapping indeed.

Resigned to the fact that Coconut is probably out of the picture for me, but I will try my hardest to blow a paycheck on the Barleywine

And boom:

Alright, we think everyone's waited long enough...

This Black Friday, November 29, Goose Island Beer Company will be releasing this year's much anticipated Bourbon County family.

The original bourbon barrel aged stout, Bourbon County Brand Stout, will be available in limited quantities in ALL STATES, where legal.

Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout is made with our neighbors and collaborators Intelligentsia Coffee with Los Inmortales coffee beans from El Salvador. Available this year in 4pks in limited quantities.

New releases this year include:

Bourbon County Brand Barleywine:
Aged in third use bourbon barrels (previously bourbon and Bourbon County Brand Stout)
Available in 4pks in limited quantities

Backyard Rye Bourbon County Brand Stout:
Aged in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels with fresh mulberries, marionberries, and boysenberries
Available in 22oz Bombers in even more limited quantities

Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout:
Available ONLY IN CHICAGO, thanks for all the support over the past 25 years.
Aged in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels with coconut toasted by our brewers
Available in 22oz Bombers in VERY limited quantities

More information will be available as we approach Black Friday.

Cheers, see you in line on NOV 29, 2013! You don't need that new TV anyway...

"The original bourbon barrel aged stout, Bourbon County Brand Stout, will be available in limited quantities in ALL STATES, where legal."

LOL @ Ohio, Mississippi, etc.

Oh who I am kidding, despite being "legal" in South Carolina I'm sure that Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville will each get one case total and part them out. $7/bottle, limit 1/person. I'd rather just live a state where it's not legal and therefore not delude myself into thinking it might end up on my store's shelf.

Cali is good to go. Many beers stronger than BCBS for sale here - and GI already distributes the Belgians and main lines. Just need the sours and bc baby.

Thank you ABInbev!

The original bourbon barrel aged stout, Bourbon County Brand Stout, will be available in limited quantities in ALL STATES, where legal.

So, I guess we'll be seeing this down here. Can't wait to buy some. Neat.

Let me re-phrase that...

"So, I guess some places will be seeing this down here in Texas, where the ******** has gotten to an extreme new low, where Founders ****ing Breakfast Stout necessitates truck chasin', buying up all the cases put on the floor when possible, and places breaking up four packs to a single bottle limit. Someone may actually die at the line-up for BCBS, single bottle limits be damned. I guess I'll have to trade for a case again anyways."

So, I guess we'll be seeing this down here. Can't wait to buy some. Neat.

Let me re-phrase that...

"So, I guess some places will be seeing this down here in Texas, where the ******** has gotten to an extreme new low, where Founders ****ing Breakfast Stout necessitates truck chasin', buying up all the cases put on the floor when possible, and places breaking up four packs to a single bottle limit. Someone may actually die at the line-up for BCBS, single bottle limits be damned. I guess I'll have to trade for a case again anyways."

Single bottle limits are np.

41609528.jpg

I will not be trying the Coconut variant, I suppose. Limited and Chicago? Chicagoans forget the lube and go in dry. Bite the pillow.

Back