Goose Island Glassware Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treebs

Reaction score
Figured this was needed given all the questions raised about older glasses and the BCBS glasses. If you've got them and have the details behind them then post them up! I'm only posting the ones I own so I'll let other people take credit for those bad boys. Expecting to see thewimperoo flexin' hard in this *****.

Mid-2000's release. Not sure what other details are available:

Early to mid-2000's or late 90's release according to some. Not sure exactly:

BCBS Glasses:

2012 Black Friday Release, Batch 1 original session glass.

2013 Black Friday Release glass:

2014 Black Friday Release glass:

this is definitely my favorite GI glass i own. i have most of the bcbs ones, and a tasting glass with the old logo etched from migration week.
EEsWuDF.jpg

Here are a few more. I instagramed the **** out of a few of them, so the quality of the pictures are not ideal.

This glass is older (not sure how old), but the story I got was they found a few boxes of them at Clybourn a year or two ago.
1171732_587557394642894_1801296691_n.jpg

2012 Black Friday glass, Batch 2
10729419_865684096832168_907242132_n.jpg

Brewpub exclusive snifter from about three years ago.
11325120_683441841799470_1653855516_n.jpg

12191477_1192932407385383_5327679227836759614_n.jpg

Another view of the 2nd glass that Treebs posted. When we found these a friend reached out to Ken H at Goose Island for some additional information, and we were told late 90's to early 2000's for this one but they couldn't find an exact date. An extremely similar glass had about 6 cases in stock at Goose Island Clybourn for a couple weeks about 2-3 years ago.

We were able to get about 6 of these when Brixies in Brookfield IL did a garage sale of glassware and other assorted brewerania about 3-4 years ago.

We can start with the chalices that I have that haven't already been posted.

Vintage Ales Chalice with Original Matilda 'M' - I scored this randomly off the shelf of Andersonville Wine & Spirits in 2012. Dating back to mid 2000's would be my guess.
IMG_4324.JPG

Vintage Ales Chalice with Silver Goose - From what I remember these were used for Sofie, Matilda, Sisters at bars for a while prior to being sold everywhere. I think I first got one back in 2010.
IMG_3619.JPG

Vintage Ales Chalice with Silver Goose & Name - These are an updated version of the original silver goose that now includes Goose Island Beer Company on the back. Started being sold through GI's website in 2014.
2014-11-28.jpg

Vintage Ales Chalice with Silver Goose & Name CA version - Different paint used in order to be compliant for sale in CA. Font is different on the name as well. Started being sold through GI's website in 2014.
2014-11-281.jpg

Vintage Ales Chalice with White Goose & Name - Logo and name are in white. These were around locally in 2014. Can't remember which store it came from.
2015-03-08.jpg

I know that there is a Vintage Ales Chalice with a Black Goose logo that I don’t currently own.

Oversized wine glass with Goose Flag and Gold Rim – This is the one that Gonzoillini referenced as being available back in March of 2013. There were a few cases available at Clybourn. I bought 3 glasses and gave the other two to friends. The logos were never in the best of condition. This is the same time that the first glass that dc55110 posted was also available. Not sure why I didn’t buy that one too. The main difference it seems between this glass and the other pictured is this one has a gold rim. The shape seems the same. Would need to do a real side by side to see.
IMG_8171.JPG

Other random stemware

Gold & White Goose Cervoise – I got mine from Clybourn back in 2013. They’ve been more available and much cheaper at liquor stores locally since then.
IMG_5270.JPG

Goose Clybourn Brewpub snifter – A different angle pic for the glass already posted by dc55110 Another early 2013 pickup from Clybourn.
IMG_5272.JPG

St. Genevieve Chalice – Created for the release of the Fulton & Wood beer, St. Genevieve. I scored from an employee, but I’d imagine they were also given out at the release party. June 2015
IMG_1426.JPG

Other random glassware

Lilith Stemless wine glass – Created for the release of the Fulton & Wood beer, Lilith. Scored mine from the release party at Kaiser Tiger in September 2014.
IMAG1092_1.jpg

IMG_0521.JPG

Gold and White Goose Logo Stange – I bought this from a Hyvee in Sycamore, IL in late 2012.
IMG_4355.JPG

Goose Clybourn Brewpub Imperial Becker – Purchased from Clybourn back in 2009 or 2010.
2012-12-1215.jpg

Goose Imperial Nonic with 2015 logo – One of the standard glasses they were selling out of the Fulton tap room.
IMG_1381.JPG

2014 Bourbon County Coffee Mug – Another shot of with both sides of the Coffee Mug sold for the 2014 BCS release.
2015-02-21.jpg

25th Anniversary mini nonic - tasting glass given at the 25th party @ the GI brewpub. I believe May 2013.

Kisetsu tulip - Created for the Fulton & Wood release of Kisetsu, which was a sake inspired saison and given at the release event. I believe this was released Spring/summer 2013.
Front:

Back:

Mini Nonics, Tasters

2010 Bourbon County Stout mini nonic – Originally sold at the Black Friday event at Clybourn in November 2010. I scored mine as a gift from a very generous friend (SwedishJesus > Hey)
2013-02-24.jpg

Goose Island Clybourn Half Pint – I was gifted this by braconid back in 2013. I believe it dates back to the early 2000’s from when he lived in Chicago.
IMG_8727.JPG

Goose Island 25th Anniversary mini nonic – Created for the 25th Anniversary in 2013. Purchased from Clybourn in May 2013.
IMG_6174.JPG

Goose Island Wrigleyville 15th Anniversary mini nonic – Given out at the Wrigleyville 15th Anniversary/Benefit for Bodhi in August 2014. I need to take a better picture for future reference.
IMAG1026.jpg

Goose Clybourn Black Flag logo mini nonic – This is the design used by Clybourn for many of their festivals in the early 2010’s (Stout Fest, Belgian Fest). Logo seemed to mostly stay the same with the fest designation on the back changing.
IMAG0684_1.jpg

Mini nonic with Silver Goose Logo & Name (One side) – Received this when on a tour of Fulton back in 2011.
IMG_4407.JPG

Taster with Silver Goose Logo – I scored this in 2012. Used for events. I believe they were sold online at a few places as well.
IMG_4775.JPG

Not sure the provenance on many of these. Received them from employees over the years.

Mini nonic with etched logo – This glass is a little smaller than the other mini nonics
IMG_5506.JPG

Mini nonic with Black Goose Logo & Name (Both Sides)
IMG_5509.JPG

Mini nonic with Black Goose Logo & Name (2010 Craft Brewer’s Conference)
IMG_9803.JPG

Mini nonic with Black Goose Logo & Name (Slow Food logo on back)
2014-12-13.jpg

Mini nonic with updated Goose logo
IMG_1382.JPG

2015 Bourbon County Stout Tulip Snifter - 2015 BCS logo in white on one side, Barrel Warehouse logo on the other. $15
IMG_1858.JPG

2015 Bourbon County Coffee Mug - 2015 Coffee BCS logo on one side, Intelligentsia Los Delirios on the other. $10
IMG_1878.JPG

2015 Bourbon County Rare Tulip Snifter - 2015 BCS Rare logo on one side, Rare Day event date on the other. Holds ~10 oz. Given to all attendees of Rare Day at the entrance, filled with BCS Rare.
IMG_1860.JPG

2015 Bourbon County Stout Tulip Snifter - 2015 BCS logo in white on one side, Barrel Warehouse logo on the other. $15
IMG_1858.JPG

2015 Bourbon County Coffee Mug - 2015 Coffee BCS logo on one side, Intelligentsia Los Delirios on the other. $10
IMG_1878.JPG

2015 Bourbon County Rare Tulip Snifter - 2015 BCS Rare logo on one side, Rare Day event date on the other. Holds ~10 oz. Given to all attendees of Rare Day at the entrance, filled with BCS Rare.
IMG_1860.JPG
Where are these available at this prices??? I'd love a mug or 2

Where are these available at this prices??? I'd love a mug or 2
they're all from the rare day event. everything was sold out but they will probably put the snifter and mug online for the black friday release. just not the rare day snifter obviously

The Great Road Mason Jar Mug - Created for Fulton & Wood beer, The Great Road. Given out at the release party at Bucket O' Blood books and records.
IMG_1871.JPG

Since I can't go back and edit the other posts. Here's a pic of the other side of the St. Genevieve glass
IMG_1837.JPG
Do you have rough release dates for these? In addition to cataloging the glasses it would be nice to try to compile release timelines as well.

Do you have rough release dates for these? In addition to cataloging the glasses it would be nice to try to compile release timelines as well.

****, thought I had put the date for Great Road. It came out at the end of September 2015. I put the date for St. Genevieve in the earlier post with the front side of the glass. It came out in June 2015.

Really wish we could go back and edit posts.

Looks like the Orlando '15 Mini I posted will be in the same boat as the '14 Riverside Mini (Jacksonville, FL.) The same group from Goose Island had these glasses made for a pub crawl event on Wednesday. Less than 140 were made. This was not a product of a local bar making their own boot leg glass. The person who I spoke with didn't think any other markets made glassware this year but he could be wrong. I'd be interested in seeing examples from elsewhere if they exist.

Did the main GI locations do anything specific for themselves this year?

Back