US - Great Lakes Great Taste of the Midwest 2019

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Ferowcious, May 30, 2019.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. Ferowcious

Ferowcious

Looks like if you mailed in a ticket request, checks were cashed in the last 2 days. Who's going?

I'm returning for my first time since 2016.

elkhunter36 and sjstraub like this.
  2. thetomG

thetomG

I'll be there!

sjstraub likes this.
  3. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4

I got my check back in the mail. :(

4. maximum12

maximum12

Will be there for the 11th straight year. I think. Counting isn't my strong suit.

5. ChicagoTarheel

ChicagoTarheel

After years of "meaning to go," I finally decided I was going to make it happen this year. Of course, I then proceeded to strike out on the lottery. If anyone knows of any extras available, I'm looking for 2 tickets... Can meet anywhere in the Chicagoland area, and my buddy lives in Madison.

I know people have had luck finding face value tix the day of event, but would be nice to secure some in advance. My plan is to go up Friday, enjoy some pre-parties, and (if I can't obtain any beforehand) see what happens in terms of finding tickets.

Are there any pre-parties people recommend from past years, or new ones you have your eye on this year? Has anyone had luck finding tix at the pre-parties?

Cheers!

zieglemt likes this.
  6. thetomG

thetomG

If you're interested in taking a day trip via bus from Chicago, tickets are available through Chicago Beer Society by visiting www.chibeer.org/gtmw

7. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson

Early prediction: it's gonna Taste Great!

sjstraub and thetomG like this.
  8. BobCobb

BobCobb

Got tickets late in the game, so slim pickings on Airbnb right now. Hotels mostly jacked up too. If anyone has a lead on affordable place within a few miles of downtown / fest, would be interested. Thanks.

9. maximum12

maximum12

Home2 Suites is close to Olin Park & a quick Uber from downtown. We just booked there a week or so ago. Not terribly cheap but not awful like the places downtown. Looks like they still have rooms from a quick glance.

BobCobb likes this.