US - Great Lakes Great Taste of the Midwest

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Dunt, Aug 3, 2015.

1. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Still looking for two here...

Gonzoillini likes this.
  2. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4

Looking for 1....

Gonzoillini likes this.
  3. Unbreakabolt

Unbreakabolt

Is this where I post that I too am looking for 2?

Gonzoillini likes this.
  4. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

http://greattaste.org/great_taste_eve/?date1=2016

So apparently Shorts & Central Waters aren't doing the Brickhouse on Friday like they have in years past? Founders isn't doing Glass Nickel? Nothing about Dexters and Toppling Goliath? Maduro and Bells?

Wasn't planning on doing much in Madison on Friday and instead was going to a friends place in Waukesha area to preparty, but shit aside from levifunk's event I don't think there is anything going on in Madison on Friday that looks interesting.

5. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

levifunk killed Great Taste Eve.

Mugatu, Gonzoillini and elkhunter36 like this.
  6. Unbreakabolt

Unbreakabolt

I'm sure Dexter's will be going down and Perennial at Braserie V. With that and funk factory I don't understand how people even make it to the evening with anything left in the tank.

7. elkhunter36

elkhunter36

Not surprised about Brickhouse losing CW after their epic failure last year. Maybe it will run better at Lucille this year.

Maduro typically doesn't announce until the week of if I remember correctly.

Dexter's? No idea and don't care I won't fight that crowd for small overpriced pours.

Off Broadway Drafthouse's New Glarus event might be the place to be depending on the tap list.

And yes we will be visiting Levi as well.

[​IMG]

powz87, lurchingbeast and Gonzoillini like this.
  8. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

I mostly liked doing New Glarus in the morning, riding into town and hitting up Maduro > Dexters for lunch (and pours of the standard TG stuff, fuck waiting around for Morning Delight or SR71 or whatever the instawhale they bring this year).

Brickhouse was worse than usual last year?

9. elkhunter36

elkhunter36

The worst I have ever seen at a beer event. Especially from someplace that "should" know what they are doing.

Beer lines were overcarbed, so much so that most of the Cassian was poured down the drain as foam. Some of the staff (third floor) didn't know the difference between the color of a stout vs an ipa - some of the taps were switched and they were handing out pours of ipa's that were supposed to be stouts and vice versa. Some of the timed special tappings were listed as one thing but the tap lines were switched and were wrong - rye Black Gold was actually Maple Stout, etc, etc, etc.

It was embarrassing. And both of CW's owners were there and you could tell how happy they were.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  10. Al Fresco

Al Fresco

It's still a little early. More stuff will pop up on the list. TG already made reference to Dexters on Twatter, and I'd be surprised if Bells at Maduro's doesn't happen again this year.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  11. ClCardinal84

ClCardinal84

I browned out after a full pint glass of Cassian Sunset once they finally got the 3rd floor draft line working.

elkhunter36 likes this.
  12. Scalzo

Scalzo

lol that event was so bad that watching the shit show unfold proved to be 99% of the entertainment

I got the bartender downstairs to pour Cassian 10 minutes early, he hands me a pint glass full of a yellow fizzy beer.... It was their Cream Ale. lol, if only I knew that was a sign of things to come. Should have left right tehn and there, but instead i had to explain to this guy what a stout looks like

elkhunter36 likes this.
  13. OHLRangers

OHLRangers

Short's wasn't in Madison for any Friday parties last year IIRC (they had a bash at their Elk Rapids facility that weekend) and had a much smaller than normal list at the Taste itself.

Bell's will be at Maduro again, it's on their website's event page. No taplist listed yet.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  14. furley

furley

ftfy

mychalg9, Scalzo, OHLRangers and 2 others like this.
  15. Al Fresco

Al Fresco

The program is up on the website and beer list has been updated in the app.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  16. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

Off Color, New Glarus, White Winter Meadery, Surly and Central Waters would be enough to sustain me all afternoon.

stxSS07, maximum12, furley and 4 others like this.
  17. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

I thought White Winter phoned it in last year. Hopefully they bring the thunder like the did a few years ago.

18. furley

furley

those lines, though

19. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4

Last year Gonzoillini and I went back and forth between Founders and New Glarus getting pours of BBB, Wild Bitter, Vintage 2014, CBS and KBS over a 30 minute period. Lines moved quickly in both. The BBB / CBS blend was pretty good.

Gonzoillini and furley like this.
  20. furley

furley

i'll follow you

Gonzoillini and rmalinowski4 like this.