US - South Greater New Orleans Visitor's Guide

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by EgadBananas, Nov 15, 2013.

1. nophunk

nophunk

Two awesome spots for food. Domilise's is my overall favorite po boy shop, good choice.

Have you done Avenue Pub? That's the best beer bar in the city. Courtyard is a pretty cool nano brewery not too far away. He has house beer and guest taps. I'd say overall his beers are more enjoyable and less pedestrian than US/NOLA.

2. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie

Went to NOLA Brewing, Urban South, then Cochon (yo...) then Le Bon Temps. Was secretly hoping to see Pepper Keenan but there were just a bunch of dudes screaming at the Saints on TV. People said the bar was sketchy but I thought it was cool. Definitely been to worse in Boston.

Walked to see the American Horror Story house and Trent Reznors old place. There's some DOPE houses here, I love it.

Ubered back to our AirBnB and was glad cause there was definitely something going on not far down the street.

kuemmelbrau likes this.
  3. kuemmelbrau

kuemmelbrau

Lol. Le Bon temps being sketch. Other than a few locals and late night drug handoffs its mostly a tourist/college spot. Hell, I've even been to worse bars in Boston. When do you leave?

4. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie

Sunday