Hanging Beer Trays on the Wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oach1

Reaction score
I have finally completed my basement, including my bar area. I have some old beer trays that I was thinking of hanging on the wall. I do not want to damage the trays. I was thinking of trying to use some of the 3M (or similar) products that are like a putty that doesn't' harden. Don't know if it is strong enough or will leave a mark. Other ideas?

Could you post a few pictures of the trays, with maybe some dimensions? If they are small enough, you could probably use some decorative plate hangers. If they have handles, you could just mount hooks on the wall and hang through the handles.

I don't see why these wouldn't work. Each strip holds 3lbs, so even if you put 2 on I doubt those trays weigh anywhere close to 6lbs.

hanging.jpg

I don't see why these wouldn't work. Each strip holds 3lbs, so even if you put 2 on I doubt those trays weigh anywhere close to 6lbs.

hanging.jpg
This. My mom collects these old beer trays (she probably has about 10-15 on the walls) and used double sided mounting tape to put them up on a wall literally 20 years ago. They've never fallen down.

I used the highest grade you could find (I can't remember if it was 25 or 50lb test) and actually stuck some mid-size speakers in college to my dorm walls for 2 years, lol). I'd only do that if you give zero ****s about what happens to the wall afterward tho. It was not pretty when I took them off, lol.

Back