Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgh_penguins

Reaction score
el7SxcA.jpg

Anyone going? They just raised the limit to 6 per person, per variant.

Hardwood's Facebook event page is something today.
Haha, it was a long day. I'm sure people are pretty upset after that wait. I was in line from 12 to almost 5 and got shut out on Kentucky Christmas with maybe 30-40 people ahead of me. It's not a huge deal, although that was my favorite of the two on draft. I got Mekong, so that was worth the trip.

the massive levels of butthurt over yesterdays release is beyond stupid...
never seen a line that long at Hardywood though. that was some un-precdented ****!
I've never seen it snake like that, which I assume made it confusing. Plenty of line jumping too, which I could've easily done, but took the high road.

I always thought the overnight line was a fun experience. This showing up at 11am on a release day and getting upset you didn't get beer is comical. Entitled 2014ers gonna cry.
100% agree, we went to Mekong knowing the line was already like 200 deep. I am glad I did though, because the wait was insane.

Haha, it was a long day. I'm sure people are pretty upset after that wait. I was in line from 12 to almost 5 and got shut out on Kentucky Christmas with maybe 30-40 people ahead of me. It's not a huge deal, although that was my favorite of the two on draft. I got Mekong, so that was worth the trip.
Sounds like you were actually close to me in line after all! Come to think of it, did I meet you in line or no?

Sounds like you were actually close to me in line after all! Come to think of it, did I meet you in line or no?
Not sure, did you hear people yelling at some point? There were some words exchanged because a buddy was carpooling with us back to Raleigh and one of my buddies got out of line to help him take a case to the car. Someone tried to call the one that was in line with us, and them, for over 2 hrs.. then words were exchanged. People are stupid.

Not sure, did you hear people yelling at some point? There were some words exchanged because a buddy was carpooling with us back to Raleigh and one of my buddies got out of line to help him take a case to the car. Someone tried to call the one that was in line with us, and them, for over 2 hrs.. then words were exchanged. People are stupid.
Oh damn must have missed that! People are stupid, yes, but beer is the wurst. I would have been better off staying at the Answer all day drinking killer beer the whole time then dealing with that cluster **** **** show!

Oh damn must have missed that! People are stupid, yes, but beer is the wurst. I would have been better off staying at the Answer all day drinking killer beer the whole time then dealing with that cluster **** **** show!
Exactly what we said haha. I am just glad we did Mekong first, would've been pissed if I missed going there for that.

Pretty hilarious contrast between this thread and BA, where there are two threads in which bitching over this release is taking place, including one dedicated solely to that topic.
I think I am finally at the point were I could careless. It sucks I missed out, but I still had a good time. I knew going to Mekong was risking not getting any.

This **** is becoming like Black Friday, if dudes want to camp out, have fun. It's not like BASC, were you can share overnight and have a blast.

hey guys, i'll be in richmond tomorrow but unfortunately hardywood isn't open. any recommendations on bottle shops / bars / restaurants in town that will have GBS and/or variants? never had it, would love to try. cheers

hey guys, i'll be in richmond tomorrow but unfortunately hardywood isn't open. any recommendations on bottle shops / bars / restaurants in town that will have GBS and/or variants? never had it, would love to try. cheers

Regular gbs shouldn't be too hard to find. Not sure on the other variants. I don't live in Richmond so can't really help you out with bottle shop info. If your limited on time I would recommend skipping the hunt for gingerbread and just go to The Answer instead. You wont regret it.... trust me.

http://theanswerbrewpub.com/beer/

Regular gbs shouldn't be too hard to find. Not sure on the other variants. I don't live in Richmond so can't really help you out with bottle shop info. If your limited on time I would recommend skipping the hunt for gingerbread and just go to The Answer instead. You wont regret it.... trust me.

http://theanswerbrewpub.com/beer/
I'd agree with this, get some drinks/crowlers from the answer. My brother in law was just able to find a BA and regular GBS in a sheetz I think in Fredericksburg.

Ended up going to the Strangeways brewery - really fun spot. Good sours, tho they literally say in the description they use 3F dredges in their sours lol. Spent hours there after seeing the Rodin exhibit at Fine Arts Museum. Heading to The Answer later (hoping they don't tap out of Abraxas). Great day in Richmond

Ended up going to the Strangeways brewery - really fun spot. Good sours, tho they literally say in the description they use 3F dredges in their sours lol. Spent hours there after seeing the Rodin exhibit at Fine Arts Museum. Heading to The Answer later (hoping they don't tap out of Abraxas). Great day in Richmond
Hopefully they don't tap out of Abraxas but even if they do I guarantee the majority of their in house brewed stouts are as good if not better. They have only been open a little over a year and they are already arguably the best in the state. Brandon and An are killing it!

grab a crowler of whatever Morning Juice is available at Answer!
what DoctorM says about Brandon/An

Was a great spot. They still had Abraxas on tap last night but they said they were getting a bit low. Also great to see Maine Beer Co on tap - that's a treat given I've never had it/seen it out in SF. All around, solid spot, would recommend. Loved Strangeways as well.

Bought one of strangeways sours (blackberry?, 375ml) last year for like $18 and it was terrible. Boycotted since. Glad to see they got it together.

Well yea not had when you're using 3F yeast in your sours...

Came down for a NYE wedding in Richmond so I stopped over on Wednesday and was happy to taste the all the GBS variants. The AB was my favorite. Snagged a 32 Oz growler

Back