HB1329 petition - sign it!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read that SB1714 (the Senate counterpart to this bill) passed the Rules committee and will go on to a full Senate vote.

SRS guys, I'm in Texas now, but don't let this **** happen. Are there pro-beer lobbyists up in Tallahassee or is the Florida Craft Brewers Guild just flying by the seat of their pants?

Passing the Rules committee is NOT good. Pick up the phone and call your Senator and tell them they're ****ing fired if they pass this bill.

Yeah, today's news makes me seriously uncomfortable. Everyone on here from FL (and anyone who visits) really needs to contact their senators and those senators that voted yes and tell them that this Bill is a slap in the face to small breweries and nothing but a payout to big business. If this passes it really will change the landscape of FL craft beer in a bad way. Better to act now then after the fact.

Yeah, today's news makes me seriously uncomfortable. Everyone on here from FL (and anyone who visits) really needs to contact their senators and those senators that voted yes and tell them that this Bill is a slap in the face to small breweries and nothing but a payout to big business. If this passes it really will change the landscape of FL craft beer in a bad way. Better to act now then after the fact.
... does the bill even make growler stations legal? (Like a bar, but just fills growlers to-go, we have them in supermarkets & bars w/o a hard liquor license that choose to do so) Or is that still not a thing in Florida.

If the only positive is that breweries can now do 64oz growlers, that's a raw deal. Most if my buds still in Florida are perfectly happy doing 2 32oz fills or 1 gallon if needed.

Not to say TX doesn't have some ******* laws... but a bar would fill a shoe for you if they knew how many ounces it held.

Rumor I've heard from a few different sources is that Cigar City has mused about leaving Florida and moving to another state if this goes through. Can anyone shed more light on that?

Rumor I've heard from a few different sources is that Cigar City has mused about leaving Florida and moving to another state if this goes through. Can anyone shed more light on that?

You are correct. They've been talking about expanding and if it passes they will expand to a different state instead of another brewery in-state. That's really all they have said about it, though.

Joey has mentioned this in a few interviews. I don't think though they would close down the existing facilities, but their planned expansion would then take them out of the state. Personally, I think it's Joey's way of getting some much needed attention to just how harmful this Bill is to small breweries. When existing businesses that have a track record of generating jobs and tax revenue begin to threaten to leave the state over new regulations and difficulties more people begin to pay attention. Hopefully it works.

For an amazing bit of irony and a great laugh check out Senate leader Don Gaetz Facebook page where he praises FL for advancing free enterprise and less government. https://www.facebook.com/DonJGaetz

They removed a bunch of comments but it's still an amazing read on the hypocrisy of many legislators

Thankfully, at the very least, it looks like even if the bill does pass in the Senate there's not enough time for it to pass in the state house with only 4 days of the session left. Here's hoping the election cycle makes this bill lose some steam. Never thought I'd be so thrilled at the ineptitude of Government to get anything done!

Latest posts

Back