Heading to Indy/FFF this weekend, recommendations/want to meet up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Myself and some buddies here are driving to the Indianapolis area this weekend to visit a friend who lives in Plainfield, getting in Friday and leaving Monday. We are doing **** in Indy on Saturday and then going to Three Floyds on Sunday. If anyone wants to hang out on either or both days, holler at me. Treebs and I are planning to meet up at some point on Saturday in Indy, plans are fairly wide open and flexible. Likely spots include Sun King, Flat 12, New Day Meadery, and I'm sure others. Any recommendations for places that are must-hits, including bars/restaurants with great tap lists? What's the best place in town to get a reuben? Cheers!

Have any Indy folks been to this place called Aristocrat Pub? Basically down the road from Twenty Tap, a proper reuben on the menu and apparently Zombie Dust and a bunch of other good stuff on tap. Treebs, might be a lunch option.

♫ I drink at home, yeah
With nobody else
I drink at home, yeah
With nobody else
You know when I drink at home
I prefer to be by myself ♫

Yeah saw that one, thinking that might end up being a dinner or late night stop or something since it's relatively close to my buddy's place.

Another place on that same strip with Aristocrat and Twenty Tap that also apparently has reubens and Zombie Dust is The Sinking Ship.

Aristocrat is on my short list of Reubens to bang. Shapiro's is dependable and solid. I will probably get murdered for this, but at Twenty Tap I always have the pulled brisket or....gasp....the spicy cuban. I wouldn't touch that mushroom *reuben* for a million dollars.

Check out Brugge Brasserie, srs. Check out those frites. If you are a man, have the moules frites.

I am a mead freak, so yes to New Day, of course.

If they hadn't ****ing moved trick or treating to Saturday I'd come date rape you fellers.

Trick-or-Treating on any night other than Halloween should be banned via constitutional amendment. I can hold my distaste for parties that are on other nights, but ****ing trick-or-treating aka the most important part of the holiday? **** that ****.

Trick-or-Treating on any night other than Halloween should be banned via constitutional amendment. I can hold my distaste for parties that are on other nights, but ****ing trick-or-treating aka the most important part of the holiday? **** that ****.
Agreed, but I will say it IS ****ing miserable outside right now, hahaha.

As a parent I am semi-glad I am not out walking with him in this **** right now, but as an American male I am embarrassed for our entire culture.

What time do you plan on getting onto Munster, JulianB?

Things are still in a planning state b/c there's a half-dozen of us and I'm not doing the driving hence not calling the shots, but I suspect we are going to get there Sunday before opening, then stick around for at least several hours, possibly through to dinner. Or maybe head over to Flossmoor as Treebs suggested, since it's not that far and it would be fun to check out another place. It's shaping up to be a pretty "go with the flow and make decisions as they come to us trip". You thinking about heading down to FFF? Would be great to share a beer with you there.

Yeah saw that one, thinking that might end up being a dinner or late night stop or something since it's relatively close to my buddy's place.

Another place on that same strip with Aristocrat and Twenty Tap that also apparently has reubens and Zombie Dust is The Sinking Ship.
I'll let the more sociable Indy BAs tell you where the good spots in Broad Ripple are. :D

If you are going to New Day, I think its worth a stop around the corner at Fountain Square Brewing.

ETA: This isnt an indictment of New Day, so much as it is a "if you are already going to commit the time to being on the south side" deal.

There's nothing worth visiting in Bloomington.... But if you make it down here lemme know, we can get weird (with, like, beer and stuff)

Doubt that will happen on this trip, largely because I'm with a big group, but if I was by myself I'd swing down for sure. Another time perhaps (like the previously-mentioned DLD...).

Myself and some buddies here are driving to the Indianapolis area this weekend to visit a friend who lives in Plainfield, getting in Friday and leaving Monday. We are doing **** in Indy on Saturday and then going to Three Floyds on Sunday. If anyone wants to hang out on either or both days, holler at me. Treebs and I are planning to meet up at some point on Saturday in Indy, plans are fairly wide open and flexible. Likely spots include Sun King, Flat 12, New Day Meadery, and I'm sure others. Any recommendations for places that are must-hits, including bars/restaurants with great tap lists? What's the best place in town to get a reuben? Cheers!

Funny you should say this.....

My buddy from "The Region" is heading down on Saturday. If you jagons want to meet up and drink beers and post photos of them on this site, BM me.

Seriously, to all of you, let me know if you guys want to drink some beers (nearly none of which will be local because we ****ing suck at making beer). I was trying to setup a tasting, but my "friends" in "The Industry" (for those of you who don't know, that means they work for an alcohol seller muskabeatz aasher) can't make it. I didn't even ask Shaggs or Rempo because they'd say "Meh", but they're invited if they look at this thread.

Beer drinking would probably occur in the early afternoon.

MordorMongo isn't around till the later hours, in case any of you are looking for a good time. He's only a 13 minute drive from my house, so you guys can party-on.

If reasonably located I could probably drink some during the day before I have to be home for trick or treating nonsense. Then back out after that.

I probably shouldn't get TOO **** faced during the day.

Or then again maybe I should because kids love drunk Scott. ;)

If reasonably located I could probably drink some during the day before I have to be home for trick or treating nonsense. Then back out after that.

I probably shouldn't get TOO **** faced during the day.

Or then again maybe I should because kids love drunk Scott. ;)
Is drunk Scott more friendly than bad touch Scott?

Things are still in a planning state b/c there's a half-dozen of us and I'm not doing the driving hence not calling the shots, but I suspect we are going to get there Sunday before opening, then stick around for at least several hours, possibly through to dinner. Or maybe head over to Flossmoor as Treebs suggested, since it's not that far and it would be fun to check out another place. It's shaping up to be a pretty "go with the flow and make decisions as they come to us trip". You thinking about heading down to FFF? Would be great to share a beer with you there.

I usually try to get there once a week anyway, so I might try to make it. DEFINITELY get there before opening. While Sundays aren't nearly as bad as Saturdays, the wait can get bad in a hurry.

Also: get the brisket tacos. They're great.

I usually try to get there once a week anyway, so I might try to make it. DEFINITELY get there before opening. While Sundays aren't nearly as bad as Saturdays, the wait can get bad in a hurry.

Also: get the brisket tacos. They're great.

Speaking of waits...almost 30mins in the to-go line last Thursday a little after 3pm.

Two groups of 4 in front of me and both managed to ask for descriptors of every beer on the chalkboard, then proceed to get 4 cases of ZD and two of Gumball. Both had IL plates (parked next to me and still loading as I jaunted away) too...fu#king FIBs.

Also can verify brisket tacos are slammin'.

Last edited:
Have any Indy folks been to this place called Aristocrat Pub? Basically down the road from Twenty Tap, a proper reuben on the menu and apparently Zombie Dust and a bunch of other good stuff on tap. Treebs, might be a lunch option.
Aristocrat is not bad. Pretty good food and they have usually have good beer selection. I prefer Twenty Tap. They usually post their tap list everyday on their facebook page. Here is todays list. Like MordorMongo said got to get to Brugge to get those frites. Also Triton Brewing recently opened a tap room on Broad Ripple half a block from Brugge. I have had some bad experiences with Triton so I am not big on them.

Aristocrat is not bad. Pretty good food and they have usually have good beer selection. I prefer Twenty Tap. They usually post their tap list everyday on their facebook page. Here is todays list. Like MordorMongo said got to get to Brugge to get those frites. Also Triton Brewing recently opened a tap room on Broad Ripple half a block from Brugge. I have had some bad experiences with Triton so I am not big on them.
Oh ****, don't let Shaggs hear you say that....he is likely to cut you.

Back