HELP! In Chicago this weekend.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenbeer

Reaction score
I'll be in Chicago this weekend with a bunch of college buddies and I'm looking to take advantage of the ****ing epic beer scene. We're staying in an Airbnb right off State St on Superior. What breweries, bars, and bottle shops should we hit up?

Also, any and all Superbad gifs are welcome.

Thank you kindly & cheers!

Not too far from you
Howells and Hood (bar/restaurant)
Rock Bottom (brewpub)
Binny's on Grand (big bottle shop)

Somewhat of a hike but not too far
Haymarket (brewpub)
Hackney's (bar/restaurant)
Printers Row Wine Shop (bottle shop)
Binny's South Loop (big bottle shop)

Some sort of transportation is required
The Beer Temple (bottle shop)
Bottles and Cans (bottle shop)
Kuma's Corner (delicious burgers)
Bad Apple (moar delicious burgers)
Northdown (too many beers - go Friday like SSideTROLLer said)

Me Friday night at Northdown
superbad+gangstas.gif

Holy ****. Really glad I asked. We'll definitely be there Friday night/all day.

Thanks for the info, oN3xM!

Any breweries worth checking out?

I second Haymarket and GI Clybourn, but would suggest the Rev Taproom instead of the brewpub. Brewpub always has a long ass wait, and you can just grab food from somewhere nearby the taproom (Pork Shoppe, Kuma's Corner, etc) and bring it inside. And Beer Temple is down the street as well.

If you just want to do a quick out of the loop while staying on the blue line. I would do Vas Formost at the California stop. Sometimes a buck or 2 more then most places but stuff sits because of it. Then stop at the Belmont stop, Walk a little on Belmont and take a left on Kedzie to revolution brewery. The have 2 or 3 tours a day on the weekends including a free pint and sell beer by 4 oz pours for 2 bucks. Great if you want to try their non distro stuff. Beer Temple is a 10 min walk from there. So recommended.

Take the blue line further to Jefferson Park, Fischmans is right there. It's a Bar with an attached Store. Grab a pint and do some shopping. Great beer selection and a even greater place for 3 floyds in the bar and the store.

Back