Whiskey Help!

Discussion in 'Whiskey, Wine & Other Booze' started by mashmaster34, Jan 30, 2018.

1. mashmaster34

mashmaster34

I am trying to stop chasing rare bourbon (just would rather drink Scotch and Brandy). I have a bottle of Willett Family Reserve 17 that I would like to know the value of. It has some interesting things on the back so I don't know if it is the normal 17 or something different. I think it was intended for the Japanese market.
    Some information on the back. Bottle 123 of 132, Distilled 03/27/92, White oak, Barrel no 7787, Selected by Bonili Japan Co. Ltd
    Barrel #7787 Alc. 61.45 122.9 Proof
    Does anyone know anything about this bottle? I appreciate it.

Photekut likes this.
  2. The Ryan

The Ryan

Take the bullshit fishing expedition elsewhere

omgeezo, Photekut, Compton25 and 12 others like this.
  3. mashmaster34

mashmaster34

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. Was just looking to possibly trade it to someone that would enjoy it more than I but need to know its value. [​IMG]

The Ryan and Photekut like this.
  4. sherm1016

sherm1016

I think the general belief that Ryan has (as probably the rest of us reading this) is that you know exactly what you have, exactly what it's worth, and exactly what you want for it. I agree with Ryan that this feels like a "bullshit fishing expedition."

And then you had to go and get all "namey-calley" and make yourself look even worse.

If you are truly looking to trade this bottle, please be more forthcoming with what you would like for it.

EDIT: if you undervalue the bottle, people here with be forthcoming. We're not here to rip you off.

5. tikk

tikk

6. iamjeff6

iamjeff6

7. mashmaster34

mashmaster34

If I new what it was worth I wouldn't have asked! I traded a bottle of beer for it a few years back and don't honestly remember what beer I gave up for it. I can't seem to find a value of it on line anywhere which is why I asked for help. To assume that I am lying or gloating is a little strange to me. This community has always been very helpful in the past. I have never seen someone go off on a post "bullshit fucking fishing" of someone asking for help.

Photekut likes this.
  8. sherm1016

sherm1016

OK. I'll bite. It's probably worth several hundred dollars, if not more. There aren't going to be many transactions involving it, so it's hard to know for sure, although someone who knows more about secondary whiskey sales could point you toward a better website than this one for such transactions.

9. The Ryan

The Ryan

[​IMG]

10. Powzy

Powzy

Knew*

11. souredstouts

souredstouts

Probably worth about 6 hopslams.

Compton25, cornboy, Dogleg and 8 others like this.
  12. BadJustin

BadJustin

Flora Superhalk was thinking about Fairydust Donaldson again. Fairydust was a charming deity with beautiful fingernails and ample thighs.

Flora walked over to the window and reflected on her old-fashioned surroundings. She had always hated creepy Beer Advocate with its steamed, shrill Shitlords. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel angry.

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the a charming figure of Fairydust Donaldson.

Flora gulped. She glanced at her own reflection. She was a tactless, tight-fisted, beer drinker with fragile fingernails and dirty thighs. Her friends saw her as a vigilant, vigorous volcano. Once, she had even saved a purple old man that was stuck in a drain.

But not even a tactless person who had once saved a purple old man that was stuck in a drain, was prepared for what Fairydust had in store today.

The clouds danced like drinking dogs, making Flora afraid. Flora grabbed a tattered sausage that had been strewn nearby; she massaged it with her fingers.

As Flora stepped outside and Fairydust came closer, she could see the robust smile on her face.

"I am here because I want Butt stuff," Fairydust bellowed, in a cowardly tone. She slammed her fist against Flora's chest, with the force of 6092 hamsters. "I frigging love you, Flora Superhalk."

Flora looked back, even more afraid and still fingering the tattered sausage. "Fairydust, I'm gonna butter your-buns," she replied.

They looked at each other with lonely feelings, like two knowledgeable, kooky koalas rampaging at a very brutal bar mitzvah, which had trance music playing in the background and two peculiar uncles partying to the beat.

Flora regarded Fairydust's beautiful fingernails and ample thighs. She held out her hand. "Let's not fight," she whispered, gently.

"Hmph," pondered Fairydust.

"Please?" begged Flora with puppy dog eyes.

Fairydust looked shocked, her body blushing like a knobbly, knotty kettle.

Then Fairydust came inside for a nice drink of beer.

THE END

13. Tlo4sho

Tlo4sho

14. Ziggy

Ziggy

What the fuck did you just fucking say, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Certified Cicerone Program, and I’ve been involved in numerous whalez tastings, and I have over 300 confirmed check ins to Untappd. I am trained in proper lambic pouring and I’m the top cicerone in the entire Academy of cicerone masters. You are nothing to me but just another shitlord. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of cicerone certified hackers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can pour beers in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in beer sediment reduction pours, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the BeeradvocateTop 250 beers list and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

15. The Ryan

The Ryan

16. ASUBeer

ASUBeer

Ignore the haters. My father grew up in Kentucky and worked for several notable bourbon producers. He has quite a collection.

I texted him and it turns out he owns 2 bottles of the bourbon you mentioned. Bottles #121 & #104 to be exact.

He said that they would typically be valued at 2 stovepipes of BA Ten Fidy.

[​IMG]

17. boutbeer

boutbeer

Photekut, Compton25, The Ryan and 4 others like this.
  18. JulianB

JulianB

https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/have-you-ever-been-on-beer.39823/

19. BadJustin

BadJustin

jivex5k and Photekut like this.