Hill Farmstead Edith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmoney

Reaction score
Has anyone recently opened an old bottle of Edith? I just realized I have one that I forgot about, and I'm curious what to expect. I think it's the first bottling...was that around 2012-ish?

First batch I believe was spring of 2013. One of, if not, my favorite shelf saison from hf. Can't speak to how batch 1 is still drinking but Edith has a lot going on. It has the tartness but the (I think) porter base Def comes through as roasty and full. Very different from the other hf saisons, but I love it.

last time i had the first bottling was last sept. and it was fantastic! dry, roasty, and tart! i can't speak for it now but i'd assume its still good. definitely a much different beer from the second bottling though so keep that in mind if you've never had the first.

I enjoyed it, but wouldnt stock up on it. Very odd, but delicious saison. Roasty coffee chocolate notes. Pours like a porter or stout, mouthfeel is light and crisp. Nose and taste and like Arthur. Lemon juicy. To me its like a dark Arthur. Certainly delicious tho !

Thats a new bottle tho, last batch. Doesn't help you with b1.

Interesting question as I have a bottle from the same batch as pmoney and I was decidedly not a fan when it was fresh. Good to hear that it has improved / changed from the original release.

I had the 2013 release last night randomly. It was still pretty good. Tart and dark as others have mentioned. But I think I prefer the most recent release of it.

A friend of mine opened one to share about a week ago. Such a bizarre beer, in a good way. The aftertaste was pretty awesome, roast for days, like having coffee breath.

Has anyone recently opened an old bottle of Edith? I just realized I have one that I forgot about, and I'm curious what to expect. I think it's the first bottling...was that around 2012-ish?
Had a year old bottle at a share about 2 months ago and it was surprisingly great. A lot better than the rating for sure.

Back