Hill Farmstead Glasses (Manufacturers / Models)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorpe

Reaction score
Does anyone know the different manufacturers and model numbers for the various Hill Farmstead glasses? I'm thinking of the long-stem tulip, wine glass, tasting glass, and becher. Below is a picture I found on Google Images. Any help would be most appreciated! (I'm looking into getting a bunch of unbranded glassware for our basement bar and some of these are contenders, but I've had difficultly finding the exact glasses since I don't think any of them are the usual suspects from Libbey.)

20130602-170605.jpg

Durobor seems to be the manufacturer for at least the taster, and possibly the wine glass also. Most likely, that is the company they use for all of them. I found some pictures on their website, but it is super glitchy and keeps 404ing on me. Maybe rwitter would be willing to answer?

the one on the left is the festival glass right? seriously love that style i wish more breweries would use it

while we're on the subject how many HF tasters are there?

White (w/ website, no fill line), White (no website, w/ fill line), Etched, Blue, and Cream?

Does anyone know how many color variations there are for the HF stem? By my count: black, etched, grey, teal, green.

Does anyone know how many color variations there are for the HF stem? By my count: black, etched, grey, teal, green.

I have five: white, black misprint, etched, teal, and green. There's also the correctly printed black glass, the grey glass, and I believe there is a "silver" print glass that is different than the grey print glass (I think it's just a different shade of grey), though I'm not certain about that. Then there's also an earlier etched one with thinner text, similar (sorta) to the misprint black glass - I think that one's really old.

edit: according to the HF thread there's also a misprint white glass.

I have five: white, black misprint, etched, teal, and green. There's also the correctly printed black glass, the grey glass, and I believe there is a "silver" print glass that is different than the grey print glass (I think it's just a different shade of grey), though I'm not certain about that. Then there's also an earlier etched one with thinner text, similar (sorta) to the misprint black glass - I think that one's really old.

edit: according to the HF thread there's also a misprint white glass.
What about the different thinkness on the fonts for some of them ;)

I actually kind of prefer the thinness of the "misprints" font...looks a little more sleek to me The black misprint was my first HF glass.

I do too. There was a long discussion of this in the HF thread a long time ago that involved the word "kerning" being dropped by a graphic designer and Adam Jackson explaining to him why his opinion was irrelevant in a multi-page post. Let's not relive that...

Looks like it is time to revisit this thread. Anyone know if they have permanently stopped making stemmed wine glasses or just switching manufacturers?

Also, anyone want to put together a master list? I am happy to make one if everyone wants to list all HF glasses ever made and post a picture of each for reference. I'll try to consolidate all and fill in gaps.

Looks like it is time to revisit this thread. Anyone know if they have permanently stopped making stemmed wine glasses or just switching manufacturers?

Also, anyone want to put together a master list? I am happy to make one if everyone wants to list all HF glasses ever made and post a picture of each for reference. I'll try to consolidate all and fill in gaps.

i believe the style of glass was discontinued by who ever makes the glass itself

Anyone know if they have permanently stopped making stemmed wine glasses or just switching manufacturers?
apparently they're no longer for sale, they're just selling wilibechers and tasting glasses now. i don't know if they're going to make stems again

I thought I'd be helpful by snapping a few photos, but I quickly learned at how lousy I am at taking pictures of empty glasses. Until you get some better quality pictures, here's what I have:

Teal:
yIVAf1e.jpg

Blue:
jSnjAPs.jpg

Black:
QQbT43i.jpg

Etched:
7JWyTiE.jpg

Tasters (Blue, Gold, White):
X27SBhz.jpg

So I am "borrowing" info from my old thread on that other site. Hard to find so if there is interest, I am happy to post the link here. For now, I will just post the pictures and commentary of styles (available at that time in 2013). Here is a mention/description of the original tasting glass and picture:
There's also the original taster from 2010 (on the left).
10159562583_c42b973f87_c.jpg

Note that both of these tasters have the web address (like the fest glasses before the logo was changed). They also do not have any measurement line like current tasters have.

Here was my full list as of October 2013 (before the addition of the above taster variance):

Can I try to summarize? Maybe you or anyone else can comment on corrections.

Top row from left to right (7 glasses):
- HF etched pint (1) (hard to tell if this is etched or print as I have one as well and it looks like print but not grey or white)
- HF white taster (1)
- HF white taster (2)
- HF white taster (3)
- HF white taster (4)
- HF etched taster?
- HF etched pint (2)

Bottom Row from left to right (7 glasses):
- HF white wine glass
- HF skinny/older etched wine glass
- HF thick/new etched wine glass
- HF old/small font white festival glass?
- HF new/larger font white festival glass (1) (I am guessing this is the newer one)
- HF new/larger font white festival glass (2)
- HF new/larger font white festival glass (3)

Any corrections?

The corresponding picture to this post seems to have been removed from it's original hosting site.

So I am "borrowing" info from my old thread on that other site. Hard to find so if there is interest, I am happy to post the link here. For now, I will just post the pictures and commentary of styles (available at that time in 2013). Here is a mention/description of the original tasting glass and picture:
There's also the original taster from 2010 (on the left).
10159562583_c42b973f87_c.jpg

Note that both of these tasters have the web address (like the fest glasses before the logo was changed). They also do not have any measurement line like current tasters have.

i have the taster on the right with the web address and the wine fest glass with the website as well if any would like me to post pics

the festival glassware is pretty nice but i really like the 2010 taster, definitely want that more

More info from cfrances33

If we wanted to get real whaley around here, someone needs to convince Shaun to give them one of the unreleased stems from the spring. Similar in style to the Drie Fonteinen stem, with the HF hourglass as the only logo. There was only a sample batch, and Shaun nixed them because he said the quality of the printing was pretty shitty. They could all be destroyed for all I know.

are those willi's full size pints or the same size they have at the taproom now?

Back