AMA Holy Mountain Brewing

Discussion in 'TalkBeer AMA' started by libbey, Feb 6, 2015.

1. HolyMtn

HolyMtn

Cascade, Centennial, and dry hopped in the barrel with a bit of Amarillo.

waltersrj and SeattleBeerPenguin like this.
  2. waltersrj

waltersrj

HolyMtn The release for 3rd Nail is Thursday at 3 correct? I'll definitely be there regardless but what are the bottle limits? Also, when should we see more bottled offerings from you guys?

Also, any thoughts on doing a small, local Reserve Society sort of thing (like De Garde) or just local unannounced releases for those that stop in often? I'm looking forward to once you start bottling your single barrel offerings we previously spoke about like the Upright Sole Comp series...if that is still part of future plan?

3. HolyMtn

HolyMtn

Yep, on track for the Third Nail release.

We have stuff in bottles right now. No plans for a club right now, but we'll look at that more closely down the road when things start to come out of barrels more frequently. We do have plans for tap room only releases, so keep your eyes and ears open...

black_cascade and waltersrj like this.
  4. swivelhips

swivelhips

HolyMtn Do you have any plans to bottle your grisette?

waltersrj likes this.
  5. Podunkparte

Podunkparte

The Arrow should be a staple. That beer is awesome. Only 3.5% but so much flavor.

waltersrj likes this.
  6. SeattleBeerPenguin

SeattleBeerPenguin

And it becomes more sour as it warms up. Fantastic beer.

waltersrj likes this.
  7. paysse

paysse

Yes, we hope to bottle some in the future. We almost bottled the first version but opted for draught instead.

libbey, ridglens, swivelhips and 3 others like this.
  8. swivelhips

swivelhips

paysse Currently sitting on a bottle of the goat from the first mini release. How different are the brett profiles between that and the upcoming wider release? Did they get bottled at the same time and one came to maturation quicker or did you bottle the first small run earlier? Partially asking because I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and drink my current bottle now or if it would be a fun thing to taste it and the upcoming release at the same time to compare the two.

SeattleBeerPenguin likes this.
  9. paysse

paysse

The brett profiles of the two are pretty different. I get a lot more funk on the limited/kraft label bottle release - blue cheese, hay, etc. The new release is fruitier - grape aspects in the white wine vein, pear, etc. People who have had both have preferred the new release unanimously, but I really like the funk of the other bottles too. They were bottled separately, those silent Goat and Ox releases were actually test bottling to dial in carbonation levels, but we had 5 cases of each just sitting around and we didn't want them to go to waste. The full release of The Goat was bottled in mid February, I think the test was maybe 2-3 weeks earlier. Tasting them side by side might be a lot of fun, I don't know that even we did that. Definitely an awesome example of how bottle conditioning with brett has a dramatic impact on the final flavor profile.

SeattleBeerPenguin likes this.
  10. black_cascade

black_cascade

Hey paysse I just wanted to give you and Colin props on Barrel Aged River of Ash. That beer is seriously awesome. The mix of wine and bourbon barrels gave it some rad aromas. Might have replaced Watchmens House as my favorite HM beer. Thanks for doing what you do!

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  11. paysse

paysse

Thanks a ton, dude. Really glad to hear you like it.

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  12. More Betterness

More Betterness

HolyMtn paysse Three Fates might be the best Pils I've ever had! So like... Thanks for that and stuff.

Beerontwowheels and libbey like this.
  13. HolyMtn

HolyMtn

Thank you. Really glad you like it. We love to brew it and it's near and dear to our hearts.

14. More Betterness

More Betterness

If you don't mind me asking, what did the grain bill look like? Seriously delicious stuff.

15. HolyMtn

HolyMtn

Wyermann Pils, a bit of Wyermann Munich, a little Carafoam and a little Acidulated.

16. YungCoolship

YungCoolship

I was hoping the brewery was named after the 1973 Alejandro Jodorowsky film of the same name.

iong516 and jeevo like this.
  17. Padraig

Padraig

Me too. I straight out assumed it was. Lost count of the amount of references I've seen here and there to that movie.

18. swivelhips

swivelhips

What is the likelihood your colab with Monkish is a pilsner? HolyMtn

Ben, GregorySingh and rrrjjj like this.
  19. HolyMtn

HolyMtn

We brewed two beers when we were down in LA last week....not pilsners though. We've got some pretty awesome lagers coming out over the next few months, including a collaboration that's happening soon we're very excited about.

Ben, GuzzleMcBrew, hamburger and 10 others like this.
  20. FoudreGuy

FoudreGuy

Are you guys gonna have kegs of the Beta IPA test batches for this year’s 3-Way? Noticed it’s been on at Ft George and Modern Times PDX lately.

andrewdrinks and hamburger like this.