US - Great Lakes Hoof Hearted?

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by ScottJWing, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

Figured it might be time to start a Hoof Hearted Brewing thread for us Ohio shitheads. This new batch of Konkey Dong might have just became my new favorite HH DIPA. Much haze, wow.

Also, how sick is this custom Konkey Dong arcade from Arcade Super Awesome. Bring on those cease and desist letters!

Next up, Roller Blabe Oct 18th.

2. JBPortland

JBPortland

This interests me, they are about to start some distro in Maine this month. Favorite offerings to look for?

3. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

Not sure what they are sending you guys, but all their IPAs (Musk of the Minotaur, South of 11, Roller Blabe, Konkey Dong, Dragonsaddle) are good to great. They do a lot of hoppy saisons that are worth checkjng out as well (Sidepipin, Saizzurp, Tub Life).

RyanMcFly1985 and JBPortland like this.
  4. JBPortland

JBPortland

Nice, thanks. How would you rank the IPAs?

5. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

In response to the thread title...

I did.

[​IMG]

6. Columbus

Columbus

My order would be Blabe>South of Eleven>>Musk. Haven't Donged my Konkey yet but will tonight and report back.

ScottJWing and JBPortland like this.
  7. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

kills me that the name/branding is so god awful, but yeah they are doing solid stuff so far, particularly roller blabe

mateoloco likes this.
  8. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

Haha I love the branding and artwork like no other...but good Lord I HATE the name.

9. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

Agree with this ranking but would put Konkey Dong even with Blabe (at least this batch) and add Dragonsaddle after Blabe.

Meh, i think its fairly split between people who hate it or love it. I love the artwork and most of the names, some are kinda dumb though. Speaking of branding, I just saw the official Bodhi label and think it looks like it belongs on a mid 90's Old Milwaukee bottle, so different strokes.

JBPortland likes this.
  10. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

having to say "who farted" (or avoid it by pronouncing hoof weirdly) when you refer to the brewery is not something i can abide

i also have little use for puerile sex puns with my beers- i see enough of that on the internet or whatever already

mateoloco and lurchingbeast like this.
  11. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

oh i do generally like the artwork though, i should say. really vibrant cans.

mateoloco and furley like this.
  12. Columbus

Columbus

13. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

14. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

I think my thing is the word "fart" being associated with something I am going to consume. Not even kidding. Just grosses me out. I have been able to overlook that, though, as I am a big fan of their stuff.

15. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Do you people really pronounce it "who-f"?

Hoof. Like the noise the Three Amigos make when they hump the air, only with an F at the end.

Fuck your puns.

16. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

If anyone has an extra teku for trade, let me know. Thanks!

17. Brubaker

Brubaker

Loving Konkey. Reminds me of the cloudy Bodhi glory days. You can't tell me cloudy Bodhi is not better than regular Bodhi.

marcus23 and ScottJWing like this.
  18. SSTroller

SSTroller

Hnnngggg!

Are these "can whales" like Treehouse or can they be easily obtained?
    If anyone wants to do a quick local 4 local can swap, let me know. Would love to try this and other Hoof cans.
    Pipeworks, Half Acre, and Rev Unsessionable (if you guys don't get this one)?

sliverx likes this.
  19. Ferillo

Ferillo

Are these offerings easily obtainable in Columbus/ Cincinnati? I'll be rolling through tomorrow through Sat. If not, I have some Trillium I am bringing with me if there is any interest in IP trades. Also looking for Jackie O's BA stouts and wilds. Any advice is appreciated.

Photekut likes this.
  20. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

God i miss the days of hazy Bodhi. It's just not the same anymore. Although the latest batch with what i assume was hopped with the recent harvest is pretty killer. Their Yakima fresh hop makes me pretty moist too. Wish those dudes would stop caring so much about mass producing Pale Ale and IPA to every gas station in Ohio.

claaark13 likes this.