US - Great Lakes Hoof Hearted?

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by ScottJWing, Oct 5, 2015.

1. drinkypoo

drinkypoo Previously FEUO

Anyone doing this Koffury thing this Sunday?
    Grabbed a ticket and may go depending on the weather. If its nice I'm going golfing instead. Priorities.

But if I do go whats the situtation like? If I show up at 12 can I get out easily or is there a lot of processing delays, hubbub and the sort?

ScottJWing, BoatsAndHoes and TDBuck like this.
  2. TDBuck

TDBuck

You in town?

If you just want cans, it shouldn't be a problem getting in and out quickly. I have a feeling there are a lot of people that are coming after DLD which probably puts them at getting there later than normal and no bottles for sale which means people don't have to get there early.

They are doing 2pp 4 packs at the Brewpub tomorrow and that's what I'm doing since it's literally on my way home.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  3. BoatsAndHoes

BoatsAndHoes

there's normally a decent crowd when they open. i usually stumble in later, get my allotment, chat with the bartenders, and leave

its gotten better than the early days, but expect a decent wait if you show up at noon :)

ScottJWing likes this.
  4. drinkypoo

No. Was thinking of making the drive down. See what the fuss is about. Check out a couple other spots, grab some lunch, etc.

I can kill 6 hrs golfing or 6 hrs chasing beer. Once I get the pass to get out of daddy duties for the day its all gravy.

TDBuck and deuce9259 like this.
  5. TDBuck

TDBuck

Like I said, I won't be there Sunday but if you make the extra trek down to Columbus, Holla and we'll have a beer.

drinkypoo likes this.
  6. TDBuck

TDBuck

Cans were gone by the time I got there are 430ish

7. drinkypoo

For the record, one of the best times I've had waiting for beer. Got there at old man time, but was not the first people. Bottles already opened. Had a great time sharing stuff and shooting the shit. Processing was easy and we were gone by 1215. I'd do that again in a heartbeat. Awesome weather helped.

Hope to see a couple of you out there in the not too distant future.

ScottJWing, deuce9259 and TDBuck like this.
  8. sobeleg

sobeleg

Going to be in Columbus for a wedding this weekend, and thinking about stopping by the brewpub at either 7:30/8PMish on Friday or lunch time on Sunday. Any idea what kind of crowds to expect? Also I assume there will not be cans available?

TDBuck likes this.
  9. TDBuck

TDBuck

You will be fine, place has not been crazy other than the first day it opened. No cans but they will do growers to go (they have their own). Let me know if you need any other Columbus recommendations.

Kentucky and sobeleg like this.
  10. sobeleg

sobeleg

Appreciate it! I am pretty familiar with Columbus as I spent five years not too far away in Oxford when I was in college, but unfortunately I will not have too much time outside of celebrating Touch_My_BrettSacch 's wedding!

11. TDBuck

TDBuck

Wolfs Ridge and Seventh son are about a mile away in each direction from the brew pub if those weren't around during your college days. Both are cool spots with good beer (edge to Wolfs in the beer category)

thrashD, cneville and sobeleg like this.
  12. sobeleg

sobeleg

Sounds good, if time permits, I'll try to talk the wife into checking them out!

cneville and TDBuck like this.
  13. TDBuck

TDBuck

Wolfs Ridge has a nice restaurant and brunch on the weekend, a little more ammo for you haha

14. cneville

cneville

worked at wolf's ridge, can confirm best beer+food combo in the city. don't sleep on it.

15. ScottJWing

ScottJWing

Chris is doing work, his stout game is best in town these days. My girlfriend's mom is coming in town tomorrow, managed to finagle WR brunch out of the deal.
    [​IMG]

16. buzzword

buzzword

I'm going to that shindig too! In fact, my flight lands here pretty shortly and I have to entertain myself for a few hours until Ryan gets freed up from his future husbandly duties this evening.

17. TDBuck

TDBuck

TalkBeer does Columbus?

18. Columbus

Columbus

19. sobeleg

sobeleg

Nice, looking forward to meeting you! I'm stuck working until mid-day tomorrow but will meet y'all at the bar tomorrow night when I get in.

buzzword likes this.
  20. buzzword

buzzword

BIGTIME! I actually bought a ticket to the HH can release Saturday - who knows if I'll be able to make it up there logistically or otherwise, but the wedding doesn't start until 5:30 so why not. Might be an expensive Uber ride from Dublin...

Good lookin' out, thanks!

Same :) I brought some goodies - should be fun.