US - Great Lakes Hoof Hearted?

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by ScottJWing, Oct 5, 2015.

1. TDBuck

TDBuck

It will be expensive. 30-40 minute drive minimum from Dublin.

SwoldierBoiTellEm and buzzword like this.
  2. sobeleg

sobeleg

I'll have a few goodies in tow as well. What time is the can release on Saturday? I'll have a rental car so if timing works out and the wife doesn't object, I wouldn't be opposed to take a ride over. We can figure it out tomorrow night I suppose.

SwoldierBoiTellEm likes this.
  3. likesbeer

likesbeer

I ran into some asshole at the Koffury release Sunday. I was in the parking lot talking with a buddy and my girlfriend when this guy walks up to his car near us and opens his trunk. We're just minding our own business when he spins around, looks at us, and tells us he doesn't want to take these beers home and has the audacity to ask if we want them. He proceeds to practically force us to take a Hazel's Nuts, Colossal Oversight, and BA Scotty Karate. Then he leaves. Total dick move, right?

I haven't knowingly met any of you in real life yet, but it seemed like the type of thing a TBer would do. Caught us off guard so I didn't think to get a name, but anyone want to admit it? Hopefully I can give you a proper thank you and repayment soon (ZJs not off limits).

4. buzzword

buzzword

wellll didn't make it to the can release after all, but whatever. I drank a bunch of delicious HH and ate delicious food at the brewpub twice. Jacuzzerooski and Konkey Dong were my two favorite chicken soups.

If any of yinz got cans on Saturday, are feeling feisty, and want to set up something simple tradewise for some West Coast something or others, holler at me. I'm morally opposed to posting in the trade forums now - so much riffraff!

I love your city, by the way - hope I can get back there someday. Brothers Drake was also awesome!

Brubaker, likesbeer, deadmule and 8 others like this.
  5. TDBuck

TDBuck

Nice to hear people from other places enjoying Columbus. If you can deal with some crappy weather for part of the year, it's a pretty great place to live contradicting the "Oh, you live in Ohio..." tag

6. Columbus

Columbus

Just in case you weren't already aware of this place a little closer to you:

http://www.sfgate.com/wine/article/Mead-makers-find-a-sweet-home-in-San-Francisco-5193985.php

"Mead, with its difficult-to-categorize place between wine and beer, has always been a tough sell, but Sarah and Oron Benary of San Francisco Mead Co. are betting that mead will become the new drink for the libation literati.

The couple also own Brothers Drake Meadery in Columbus, Ohio, where in four years they have been able to turn Millennials on to mead, pouring 13 different varieties and selling 10,000 gallons a year. Their meads taste like a dry wine, and some are flavored. Their most popular, Apple Pie, is fermented with apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves."

TDBuck likes this.
  7. buzzword

buzzword

Thanks! I knew they were somehow connected, but still haven't been there.

TDBuck likes this.
  8. FEUO

FEUO

Anyone going to South of Eleven release?

TDBuck likes this.
  9. jdd419

jdd419

I got tix

FEUO likes this.
  10. FEUO

FEUO

Another good/easy day. Awesome weather. Great share... but fuck... martial law will have to be instituted next time.
    Way too many bottles/cans getting opened... so much shit died on that table.

A little TB tip touching did occur.

ScottJWing and TDBuck like this.
  11. thrashD

thrashD

Unable to make the blabe release this Sunday. If anyone in Columbus wants to swap a four pack of blabe for a four pack of South of Eleven, hollachtaboi.

jdd419 likes this.
  12. bwcampbell

bwcampbell

I'm pretty sure they're turning a blind eye to shares now. The last few times I have gone there have been open bottles in the Barn.

jdd419 likes this.
  13. FEUO

FEUO

Oh they most certainly are.
    One of the reasons I will keep going out when I can. That, and the location. And the beer.

jdd419 and TDBuck like this.
  14. likesbeer

likesbeer

Did you get some blabe? If not, I'll swap with you.

TDBuck and thrashD like this.
  15. thrashD

thrashD

Negative. That would much appreciated! PM incoming.
    [​IMG]

TDBuck and likesbeer like this.
  16. omgrr

omgrr

I might be making my way through Columbus on Wednesday and was curious how do I obtain some Hoof Hearted? Is it even possible or are they still only doing limited / ticketed releases for their cans?

Someone was kind enough to share Konkey Dong and Everybody Wants Some at Dark Lord this year, I need more now :(

TDBuck likes this.
  17. TDBuck

TDBuck

Releases are on the weekends. They are doing another batch of Musk of the Minotaur on Sunday at the Brewery in Marengo and tickets for it go on sale Wednesday. I'll probably be heading to this one to load up on cans for Lockn.

If you are just going to be around during the week you can hit up the Brew Pub in Columbus for draft and growlers Wednesday-Sunday.

omgrr likes this.
  18. omgrr

omgrr

Awesome! I'll keep my eye out for tickets on Wednesday then, I'll be heading back through Columbus on Sunday so that works out. Thanks!

TDBuck likes this.
  19. TDBuck

TDBuck

http://m.bpt.me/event/2593667

omgrr likes this.
  20. BoatsAndHoes

BoatsAndHoes

Missed out on tickets this Sunday if anyone has extra or can't go. I'm sure we can work something out. Thanks! :)