US - Great Lakes HopCat Wood and Wild Ale Fest - Vintage KBS, BCBS on tap and bottles

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by mjshearer1, Nov 15, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. mjshearer1

mjshearer1

Going on today, in two hours!

To reiterate:

Not sure if I can make it myself, so let me live vicariously through you all.

2. mjshearer1

mjshearer1

I managed to get out of work early and showed up just before 5, but the bottles worked a little differently than expected. They handed out tickets as people asked for them and called out a range of numbers on the tickets to go to the upstairs section to buy the bottles. Figuring it'd be either a line situation or a mad dash to the bar, I thought I could show up right before 5 and get a decent shot at some bottles. The ticket numbers started at 630, and I was 682. I ran into imfrommichigan's better half there (who snagged ticket 637, so props to her and congrats on the score, sir) who let me know when she bought the bottles, they only had six BCBS's left. No way in hell those lasted through 45 more people, so I had to bail being pressed on time as it was. They had some killer beer on tap though, wish I could've stayed.

3. beerindex

beerindex

Damn. It seems like all the best beer events in Grand Rapids are always within a few weeks of when I get into town, rather than when I'm there. I would have loved to try some Kentucky Kiss and Sour James.

Group Builder