Hunahpu's Day 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc1

Reaction score
Figured someone needed to start it.

So this is purely hypothetical at this point, but if I were to rent out a venue for the evening before Hunahpu's day in Tampa, for some casual drinking (I.E. Not a crazy drunkfest) with food, who might be interested in participating?

Last edited:

So this is purely theoretical at this point, but if I were to rent out a venue for the evening before Hunahpu's day in Tampa, for some casual drinking (I.E. Not a crazy drunkfest) with food, who might be interested in participating?

Hypothetically:

Apc34v2.gif

So this is purely hypothetical at this point, but if I were to rent out a venue for the evening before Hunahpu's day in Tampa, for some casual drinking (I.E. Not a crazy drunkfest) with food, who might be interested in participating?
giphy.gif

What time is the Cycle event that day ?

I'll try to update this as TBBW events become available as well. For any first timers, the week leading up to Hunahpu's Day is considered Tampa Bay Beer Week. There will be events at bars and breweries throughout the area all week. Then Cycle usually hosts a Barrel Aged Day (ticketed event) on Friday and may also have bottle releases throughout the week. 7venth Sun in Dunedin also typically hosts a Hunahpu's Hangover Day on Sunday, with great beers on tap as well. Also look for local liquor chain Leukens to do bottle releases that week as well.

What's the deal with Cycle Day tickets? How can I get them? If I go, how obliterated do you get from drinking all the stouts for 5 hours? I think I just answered one of my questions. First timer here as well.

Most people leave that event pretty well intoxicated. The tickets are almost always purchasable on site only, and they usually sell out very quickly, as it is not a huge event by most standards. That could change this year possibly, as they have expanded their barrel program.

I'm definitely down for a low-key type thing. You thinking like a casual (i.e. non-whales-only, Ratebeer-style) bottle share or something like that? Cuz I am always on that page.

The Cycle thing sounds great too, but if tickets are sold onsite, that makes it highly unlikely that I'd be able to go, what with not living in Florida and all...

I don't even usually bother with cycle BA day, not because it's bad, but because I don't like waiting in line for things, like tickets. Yeah it will just be whatever beer you want to bring, no expectations for whatever I end up hosting. If it's 6 or less people I'll host it, if it's more we'll find a chill space.

If anyone is going to buy tickets for Cycle BA Day this Saturday and could purchase one for me, I can repay with $, thank you beers, a lock of neckbeard hair, jerky, etc!

Hunahpu tickets back up for anyone who hadn't decided yet, including all 3 bottle package options:

https://apps.vendini.com/ticket-sof...etynet&vqith=c2d55c52e2cb6d4187654f5b9846dd51

I just saw this post today and all three options are still available.

Has the Huna breaking point finally come where this fest doesn't sell out? Technically they still have another two months to sell tickets, so it will probably still will, but I would imagine they're having a bit of a freak out wondering why it hasn't sold out instantly like every other year.

Maybe it'll be less crowded than last year...

Has the Huna breaking point finally come where this fest doesn't sell out? Technically they still have another two months to sell tickets, so it will probably still will, but I would imagine they're having a bit of a freak out wondering why it hasn't sold out instantly like every other year.

The fact that is hasn't sold out makes me think they're selling more tickets than last year and that it will be more crowded.

The fact that is hasn't sold out makes me think they're selling more tickets than last year and that it will be more crowded.

If you're right, and by logic it seems that you are, I'll be glad it's my last year going.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they start selling Huna out of the tap room if it doesn't 100% sell out. Either that or offer to ECC members like a few years ago with the replacement batch.

Looking for someone who won't be buying extra tickets for the Cycle event on Friday March 10th. Looking for 2-3 for the WeldWerks crew. Thank you crowlers and bottles will be provided.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the amount of tickets. I thought 2015 was a perfect size.

If you're right, and by logic it seems that you are, I'll be glad it's my last year going.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they start selling Huna out of the tap room if it doesn't 100% sell out. Either that or offer to ECC members like a few years ago with the replacement batch.

Just got this email. It's for those who expressed an interest in El Cat but are still on their waiting list. This is a nice gesture and all, but just based on tickets still being available...doesn't seem all too exclusive.

I9RWxNl.png

Am I missing something ?

Just got this email. It's for those who expressed an interest in El Cat but are still on their waiting list. This is a nice gesture and all, but just based on tickets still being available...doesn't seem all too exclusive.

I9RWxNl.png

Am I missing something ?

Yeah, same here. Doesn't seem like they are making anything available, since they still are? Plus, there is small print that the email you buy them with has to match your wait list email? Why, if I can just buy them through the regular link?

Gonna be flying into Tampa(**** 7 hours of driving back gassed) and staying at the Tampa Marriott Westshore if anyone wants to split the room. Provided you don't snore or try to cuddle:D Getting in on Thurs afternoon and leaving on Sunday(3 nights). PM me if interested.

Gonna be flying into Tampa(**** 7 hours of driving back gassed) and staying at the Tampa Marriott Westshore if anyone wants to split the room. Provided you don't snore or try to cuddle:D Getting in on Thurs afternoon and leaving on Sunday(3 nights). PM me if interested.
Airbnb in Tampa for the gf and I friday and saturday night. Tips will be touched.

Airbnb in Tampa for the gf and I friday and saturday night. Tips will be touched.

My brother and I are staying at the Aloft Saturday night. I would also be up for mouth hugs and tip touching.

Apparently the Cycle event tickets were a **** show this morning. You had to be in line before 4 for 8am sale. Geez. Buddy down there is pissed. Never missed anything at Cycle. Got there at 5:45 and they told him he would miss it by 100 or so people:oops:

Back