Hunahpu's Day/BA Day/TBBW 2018 Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Figured we could consolidate all this talk into one thread. So far (this is mostly 2nd hand info based on what I've heard from friends who are already there/locals/seen on social media):

-Cycle Monday was infected and Cycle has cancelled releases for the week, but the F/O bottle for BA Day is apparently okay. Cycle will be doing a release of weekday bottles at a later time.

-Angry Chair releases have been apocalyptic mule **** shows and were moved to 9am to try to get people out of there sooner. The pics I'm seeing of today might be the most embarrassing **** I can recall in the beer game, and I'm sure tomorrow will be worse.

-CCB has been doing brisk business with their BA bottle releases, but it apparently hasn't been crazy. Arkane has also apparently been fairly chill.

Events going forward that I know about/remember:

Thursday:

-releases at Angry Chair (BA Imperial German Chocolate Cupcake), Arkane (don't recall), CCB (BA Huna variant), Garagiste (Reboog Razz)
-Angry Chair Rare Beer Event (ticketed)
-Garagiste Magnumpalooza (ticketed)
-3 Sons tap takeover at CCB

Friday:

-Cycle BA Day (ticketed)
-Wake Up With Wakefield breakfast at Hawthorne Bottle Shop
-Unicorn Blood release at Arkane
-BA meads/BA mead bottles at Garagiste
-Foeder for Thought at Green Bench Brewing (ticketed)

Saturday:

-Hunahpu's Day (ticketed, Raymond James Stadium parking lot)

Sunday:

-Hunahpu Hangover - "Day of the Lagers" at 7venth Sun

I'm sure there's more, add to this as you see fit.

I'm staying at the dirty HoJo on Dale Mabry a few blocks from CCB and next to the strip clubs, as usual. The traditional pool bottle share on Friday night will most likely be happening. May do something low-key when I get into town on Thursday (probably a combo of hit CCB and open bottles at the hotel), so hit me up if you want to hang out. I'm doing BA Day and Huna Day as far as ticketed **** goes. See some of you down there for tip-touching!

I cant ****ing WAIT for the pictures and videos of tomorrow. This week is the gift that keeps on giving. So much shitlording, so little time.

If you're not on facebook, this is what you're missing.
23wPjtg.jpg

The Cycle & AC threads over at the other site are fascinating reading.

Almost wish I was there to sip a Busch Lite & record the whole thing for posterity. "Kids, when I was young, we had to wait for 63 hours in line with grandma during a Hurricane Warning for pastry stouts..."
Ah, I totally forgot to check in over there.

May as well put it in here, looking for 1 for Huna Day. Just found out this week that I can make it. Any bottle allotment, would be willing to split bottles or even just pay for fest portion .

Been enjoying a very nice time along the east side of the state thus far, driving across the vast expanse of Central Florida today to add nothing to the crowds at these ridiculous beer events, but can someone please explain briefly why people care so much about these AC releases? Every beer I've had from them, BA or otherwise, has been forgettable and just like every other adjunct/pastry stout or IPA out there replicated hundreds of times over and currently getting worse by the day in all of our overpacked cellars. This must be driven by ********* profit bros, yes?

2 hours into Hunahpu Day and this is by far the most well organized and executed Hunahpu Day yet. Plenty of space, bathrooms, water, etc. Very nicely done.

Can't imagine a beer festival of that size could go off more smoothly. Even the big lines (which I didn't wait in) weren't -that- bad and at least were not running into each other like at previous Huna Days. There was so much good beer to be had with basically no wait at all.

First TBBW recap

1) angry chair doesn’t make good beer... fight me

2) BA day was amazing wood bang again

3) huna day would suck ass if it were typical Florida weather. It reminded me of great taste.

4) garagiste event was fun. It was cool meeting a lot of you there

5) Arkane was awesome. Love everything they put in my mouth.

6) hangover day in Dunedin was super chill wood also bang again

7) Cajun cafe should be on anyone and everyone’s list. I’m still full from last night.

Overall I don’t think I’d come for huna day but more for BA day. It was more my speed. Less people and moar elkhunter36

Back