Hunaphu Day & Tampa Bay Beer Week (3/1-3/9)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnyb

Reaction score
March 8th, 2014 is Hunahpu's Day. Here are some important details:

- It's again taking place at the brewery.
- We are setting a max attendance of 3,500 people.
- The day will operate differently than in years' past. Instead of using tickets or tokens to buy individual beers, the event will be more like a "beerfest" and attendees will pay one flat rate to enter the fest and sample as many beers as they'd like all day.
- A ticket will be required to enter the fest.
- Tickets to enter the fest will be $50. All attendees will receive a special Hunahpu's Day sample glass.
- The tasting room will be open, but separate from the Hunahpu's Day Fest. There will be no samples in the tasting room that day, only pints and snifters of whatever is on tap.
- There will be no brewery tours on Hunahpu's Day.
- We plan to sell bottles of Hunahpu's Imperial Stout throughout the day. Details on bottle limit, etc are still being determined.
- There will be no parking at the brewery, however across the street at the old Sears & Roebuck building will be parking, as well as a few other businesses in the neighborhood that will open their lots (for a fee). Please DO NOT PARK in the residential neighborhood, or at Home Depot, Whole Foods, Target, etc. Like every year we strongly encourage carpooling.
- There will be merchandise and other goodies to purchase that will be cash only.
- Food trucks will be there, as well as live music!
- The fest will be from 11am to 5pm.

Details for purchasing tickets to the Hunahpu's Day Fest will be announced VERY soon, however we would like to say now that El Catador Club members will receive first access to purchase them. If you're an El Catador Club member, stay tuned to your emails (and the Facebook and Twitter) for more details.

No last year was a cluster**** of 9000 people. This year probably would have had more people and gotten shut down by the city.

This.

Very excited about this year. We still have to pay for bottles right? Is one included with the ticket or just the promise for allotment?

always such the realist... :rolleyes:

Let's face it, breweries **** these things up on the reg. Add to it, beer geeks complain about everything. DLD and FoBAB tickets sell out in a nanosecond and everyone bitches. With 9,000 attendees last year and 3,500 tickets for sale, I see "**** you Cigar City" Facebook posts in the near future.

And dat parking situation. Woof.

Let's face it, breweries **** these things up on the reg. Add to it, beer geeks complain about everything. DLD and FoBAB tickets sell out in a nanosecond and everyone bitches. With 9,000 attendees last year and 3,500 tickets for sale, I see "**** you Cigar City" Facebook posts in the near future.

And dat parking situation. Woof.

I'm just glad I'm a Catador member (and I really hope the Catadors get a +1).

I'll be curious to see what happens to the bottle share (IE will it still exist for this iteration of Hunahpu Day). Regardless, should be a nice respite from Chicagoland in March.

Cheers!

I'm just glad I'm a Catador member (and I really hope the Catadors get a +1).

I'll be curious to see what happens to the bottle share (IE will it still exist for this iteration of Hunahpu Day). Regardless, should be a nice respite from Chicagoland in March.

Cheers!
pretty sure there will still be a lot of bottles popped... just means you don't have to campout and drink a night to the point of pissing yourself at 7am... ( was i the only one that saw that chick?)

I'm glad it has went this route. I have been to each huna day so far, 2012 I thought was fantastic, 2013 there were just too many people to handle. Capping this at 3500 will ensure much shorter wait times for beers and less mules clogging up space. Bring on HUNA day!

If any Catador's don't want their ticket/can't go, I'm interested. Believe it's on sale to them tomorrow.

New to the site (used to be a part of the cool kid's club, got sick of it), new to the SE (just moved here from the North), just locked in some tix for the event and couldn't be more excited! Hope to bump into some of you all.

Ok, so when they said they had plenty of tickets on sale at the brewery for locals, was that on top of the 3500 sold online or did the online tickets not sell out and they moved them to the brewery?

At any rate I have mine and I will hopefully get to meet a lot of people from here there!

Ok, so when they said they had plenty of tickets on sale at the brewery for locals, was that on top of the 3500 sold online or did the online tickets not sell out and they moved them to the brewery?

At any rate I have mine and I will hopefully get to meet a lot of people from here there!

They noted on facebook that they still have tickets in the tasting room. Im assuming that they took a portion out of the 3500 for sale in the tasting room as they said that they can not have more than that on site as per firemarshall law or some ****.

Plus everyone who attends the fruit in the room event next Tuesday can get a ticket to huna day. Seems like they did a nice job of hooking up locals.

Making the road trip from Dallas with a few friends. Bottle share in the car, amirite?*

* Obviously there will be no drinking and driving. Getting there alive is a priority!

Surprised there wasn't a thread about these already. Peg's:
The date is set for the 3rd Annual Barrel Aged Day: March 7th, and it starts at NOON. Details to follow with a tap list unlikely before March 1, it will be lengthy, there will be new beers and new barrels. This event is at Peg's Cantina and will operate similar to years past with some accommodations for growth over last year. If you enjoy big malty barrel aged beers this is a must attend event during Tampa Bay Beer Week, mark your calendar and we will see you there!
Some guys on the other site already arranged for the Bang Brew Bus to provide transportation between Peg's and CCB that Friday. Bottle share already planned too; TB crew needs to show up big. Who's coming?

2nd Annual Hunahpu Hangover Day at 7venth Sun was announced this morning on their Facebook page: "A Festival of Wood and Barrel-Aged Beers. Details to Follow." Mmmm, Doughnut Hunahpu...

Back