Bug Report Images not posting

Discussion in 'Questions, comments, bugs, etc.' started by tosh, Jul 11, 2018.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I'm having a hard time replicating the issue. Can some post the URL to a post that is failing along with the OS/Browser they are using.

BadJustin likes this.
  2. BadJustin

BadJustin Premium Supporter Contributor

shadowane, mborden Previously

3. shadowane

shadowane

Gonzoillini likes this.
  4. mborden

mborden

Hmmm interesting. I loaded the page that shadowane linked with the following results:

Using Microsoft Edge [42.17134.1.0], a browser that I don't normally use, everything loads fine on that page.

Using my typical Chrome Browser [Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)], I get a combination of shows-image-then-goes-to-zoinks or thin-line-can't-see-photo, depending on the browser refresh. Thought I DO see the Morgan Freeman animated GIF on the top of the page. I verified that I see this behavior in both regular and incognito mode. I also see this both with the AdBlock extension enabled (I whitelist talkbeer.com) and with the AdBlock extension disabled.

I can also see the pictures on that page just fine using a Google Pixel 2 phone running Android Pie and using the Samsung Internet Browser [Version 7.2.10.33].

So it definitely also appears to be Chrome specific for me.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  5. MikeJones

MikeJones

6. mborden

mborden

OS/Browser/A/S/L?

wuntrikpony and steimie like this.
  7. mborden

mborden

8. Admin

Using Windows 10 / Chrome I see all the images .... The below screenshot is an example image you can't see?

9. Admin

upload_2018-8-23_15-32-46.png

tikk likes this.
  10. mborden

mborden

Yeah, exactly. It loads that image for a second or two, then switches up to the "Zoinks" image not found image. So weird. I was wondering if it was a proxy issue or something so I tried a few VPN browser extensions and tried to connect from the East Coast, other countries, etc. and it still switched up to the "Zoinks". It's so bizarre that it loads correctly and THEN switches.

Weird weird weird.

11. mborden

mborden

Yeah, something is SUPER weird because when I view page source, all of these imgur src links are clickable and load in new tab in my browser with the correct image. At this point, who the F knows lol. It's almost like that "Zoinks" loads AFTERWARDS, rendered on top of the image or something.

Code:
    <div class="messageContent">     
                <article>
                    <blockquote class="messageText SelectQuoteContainer ugc baseHtml">

<a href="https://www.talkbeer.com/community/members/334/" class="username" data-user="334, genuinedisciple">genuinedisciple</a>, this was a really nice place. Coffee was good and these crowlers are solid!<br />
    <iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="imgur" allowfullscreen="" onload="var b=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(a){a.data.id==b&amp;&amp;(style.height=a.data.height+'px',style.width=a.data.width+'px')});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+b,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" style="border:0;height:450px;max-width:100%;width:568px" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/imgur.min.html#a/aqOtZv9"></iframe><br />
    <iframe data-s9e-mediaembed="imgur" allowfullscreen="" onload="var b=Math.random();window.addEventListener('message',function(a){a.data.id==b&amp;&amp;(style.height=a.data.height+'px',style.width=a.data.width+'px')});contentWindow.postMessage('s9e:'+b,'https://s9e.github.io')" scrolling="no" style="border:0;height:450px;max-width:100%;width:568px" src="https://s9e.github.io/iframe/imgur.min.html#a/YP2CzEX"></iframe>
                        <div class="messageTextEndMarker">&nbsp;</div>
                    </blockquote>
                </article>

</div>

Gonzoillini likes this.
  12. Admin

I followed-up with the developer of the plugin that runs that. It's a Xenforo addon. If other forums experiencing it, could be the plugin related.

Gonzoillini and mborden like this.
  13. mborden

mborden

[​IMG]

wuntrikpony likes this.
  14. Admin

Can you try that please, from the developer of the plugin.

mborden and Gonzoillini like this.
  15. mborden

mborden

Unfortunately I tried running it with whitelisting that domain, turning off AdBlock, AND completely removing the extension. Still watching it load normally, then load the Zoinks image in all cases. Thanks for continuing to dig into this.

Gonzoillini likes this.
  16. shadowane

shadowane

I don't use any adblockers actually so it isn't that.

litheum94 and Gonzoillini like this.
  17. shadowane

shadowane

And yeah my link works on my phone right now so it may just be desktop chrome.

18. mborden

mborden

Also chrome on your phone?

19. shadowane

shadowane

Yeah, chrome on my phone too. Sorry wasn't clear about that.

Gonzoillini and mborden like this.
  20. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

Will echo the Chrome issues (but really does anyone want to use Edge?), and I also don't use any adblockers.

I'm also getting the Zoinks thing where it loads and I see it for a second, then it's gone, as well as the missing image with a "Link to Media" thing at the bottom.

Thanks to TxBrew for looking into it (and the Search issues). If he hadn't been responsive at all I'd be much more concerned, but the attempts to replicate / look into it give me hope our chosen cess pool of the craft beer world won't change that much.

mateoloco, Fingolfin, steimie and 3 others like this.