In Sydney and Auckland next month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BathtubJenn

Reaction score
I'll be in both Sydney and Auckland next month and would love some recommendations on where to enjoy some beers. I'll have a car in NZ so anything within reasonable distance around the north island is possible.

I generally drink dark beers almost all the time. Hope I can find something good down there.

Go check out Brother Beer in Auckland. We stayed near the Sky Tower and it was a reasonable walk from there. Great environment, and all the people that worked there were awesome. They also had quite a few offerings from CA that you'd be surprised to find... Honestly can't remember much about their beer, and the only standout beer from NZ we had while at that specific place was from a different brewery.

Sydney: If in the CBD try Royal Albert, Local tap house or Bitter Phew.
If you are wanting a Murray's Wild thing or the pretty decent but overly expensive clout stout give me a buzz.

Noted and added to my little travel map thingy.

Go check out Brother Beer in Auckland. We stayed near the Sky Tower and it was a reasonable walk from there. Great environment, and all the people that worked there were awesome. They also had quite a few offerings from CA that you'd be surprised to find... Honestly can't remember much about their beer, and the only standout beer from NZ we had while at that specific place was from a different brewery.

Staying at the Hilton. Looks like it isn't too far. Definitely will check it out.

Sydney: If in the CBD try Royal Albert, Local tap house or Bitter Phew.
If you are wanting a Murray's Wild thing or the pretty decent but overly expensive clout stout give me a buzz.

I'll be within walking distance of both. Thanks!

Sydney and NZ were awesome. Had some great beer and food. It's really expensive but who cares on vacation. I hit all the recommended spots and quite a few more and was not let down by any of them.

Which spots were you're favourites? Next time you're in Sydney check out our bottleshop: Beer Cartel. We've got over 1,100 craft beers from Australia and overseas.

$(KGrHqFHJDcFDeg2WVbhBRulNp8yug~~60_35.JPG

Back